• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keys to Victory: APP STATE

I'm sure 94 can chime in on this at some point (haven't seen his post-game threads yet), but I combed through the Game Notes snap counts to check out which backups were pushing for starting time.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/...s-snap-count-updates-greg-dortch-tabari-hines

We know about Dortch vs. Hines, but Hines only got 5 snaps at WR last week, that's surprisingly low.

Calhoun is also challenging for snaps at the DE position (actually played more than Dunn on Saturday).

Any word on Mays? I'm sure if he was out of an extending amount of time, we would know it by now.

Any word on Mays? I'm sure if he was out of an extending amount of time, we would know it by now.

He's still listed as the backup MIKE, so nothing that was worth reporting or changing the depth chart for it seems.

Some of you guys are such downers. Utah State went 3-9 last season. They were throttled by Wisconsin in week 1 before they beat a shitty Idaho St. team (won 2 games in 16'). We should have higher expectations for our guys than what I'm reading.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Utah State is a gimme - far from it. I'm just saying we should expect our team to handle a team we are projected to comfortably beat....

Some of you guys are such downers. Utah State went 3-9 last season. They were throttled by Wisconsin in week 1 before they beat a shitty Idaho St. team (won 2 games in 16'). We should have higher expectations for our guys than what I'm reading.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Utah State is a gimme - far from it. I'm just saying we should expect our team to handle a team we are projected to comfortably beat....

I think we probably all do "expect" that, it's just that many of us here have "expected" plenty of things before when it comes to Wake athletics and many times those "expectations" have not been met.

I'm sure 94 can chime in on this at some point (haven't seen his post-game threads yet), but I combed through the Game Notes snap counts to check out which backups were pushing for starting time.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/...s-snap-count-updates-greg-dortch-tabari-hines

We know about Dortch vs. Hines, but Hines only got 5 snaps at WR last week, that's surprisingly low.

Calhoun is also challenging for snaps at the DE position (actually played more than Dunn on Saturday).

Are there snap counts listed anywhere online? I assume this means we played 4 other WRs more than Hines. I get that Lewis/Washington play an entirely different position/style so that makes sense, but there's no way that Hines should be getting less run than Wade, or especially Bachman, from what we've seen in their careers.

You morons are stupid if you expect anything more than a doormat in football and an average at best hoops program from Wake Forest College. What Jim Grobe did was a once in a lifetime, probably a once in several life times. If you're a fan of Wake Forest College get into soccer or tennis, because those are the only kind of sports you'll ever see success in.

Are there snap counts listed anywhere online? I assume this means we played 4 other WRs more than Hines. I get that Lewis/Washington play an entirely different position/style so that makes sense, but there's no way that Hines should be getting less run than Wade, or especially Bachman, from what we've seen in their careers.

Word. Gotta find a way to get Dortch and Hines on the field together then. I'm all for some packages with Hines at the slot and Dortch at RB.

Yeah, click on the game notes and scroll down a few pages. Hines and Dortch appear to almost exclusively play the same position. Bachman and Wade both got mid-30 snap count if IIRC.

No one should ever make this kind of remark on a Wake sports message board. I'd guess short time Deac fan.

One key to the game is to have Duke Ejiofor show up and run wild in their backfield. He was not present against Presby and I did not see enough of the BC game but he needs to be active on Saturday

It appears they run a fast offense and get rid of the ball quickly.

Seems like a good gameplan to press their WRs which will give the DL time to get to the QB. America.

Yeah, click on the game notes and scroll down a few pages. Hines and Dortch appear to almost exclusively play the same position. Bachman and Wade both got mid-30 snap count if IIRC.

This is not cool. Why can't our receivers move around/play multiple positions? I noticed this was a trend last year, as well. Every single NFL team and college team with a decent passing attack does this.

AIR, Dunn had a sack/TFL on BC's first play then seemed to stop bull rushing by design I guess. Pretty sure he didn't play at all in 3rd Q. Calhoun really went at it with BC's right OT....strong dude!

A bit related....for this game at least, Rodney and Yarbury were quite a DT tandem....really dominated BC's G-C-G all game. Oh and when Basham spelled Duke he looked a little lost not really a factor.

The prime subject as the game carried on was the ignoring of Serigne....one target throw !

BTW, keep an eye on #86 for Wake....he made all but 1 tackle on KO's vs BC....OUTSTANDING ST player !

This is not cool. Why can't our receivers move around/play multiple positions? I noticed this was a trend last year, as well. Every single NFL team and college team with a decent passing attack does this.

You would rather not have two sub-5'10" receivers playing together if you can help it. That being said, if they are the best two I imagine Clawson will play them together. It seems we have other good options this year.

I'd like to see Byrd get a few more snaps earlier in the game as a change of pace back from Colburn and Carney.

AIR, Dunn had a sack/TFL on BC's first play then seemed to stop bull rushing by design I guess. Pretty sure he didn't play at all in 3rd Q. Calhoun really went at it with BC's right OT....strong dude!

A bit related....for this game at least, Rodney and Yarbury were quite a DT tandem....really dominated BC's G-C-G all game. Oh and when Basham spelled Duke he looked a little lost not really a factor.

The prime subject as the game carried on was the ignoring of Serigne....one target throw !

BTW, keep an eye on #86 for Wake....he made all but 1 tackle on KO's vs BC....OUTSTANDING ST player !

Backup TE Jack Freudenthal.

You morons are stupid if you expect anything more than a doormat in football and an average at best hoops program from Wake Forest College. What Jim Grobe did was a once in a lifetime, probably a once in several life times. If you're a fan of Wake Forest College get into soccer or tennis, because those are the only kind of sports you'll ever see success in.

I feel like your workload has increased but your substance and humor has decreased.

C-

Not sure Freudenthal is/was a walk-on. Walk-ons don't redshirt to my knowledge and Freudenthal did. Nor does media guide indicate walk-on when it usu. does.

Back