• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

Justin was only about a 1-1.5" shorter than Key and is much better.

The Key/Justin comparison is a tough one because Gray was a very high usage guy who scored a ton of points, but didn't have particularly impressive shooting numbers.

Key's shooting numbers are much better, but he attempts about half as many 3s as Gray did.

Worth noting that Gray also benefited from playing 2 years next to the greatest point guard on the planet.

I'll give Gray a slight edge given the team success, but we were pretty bad his senior year (3-13 in the ACC) when CP3 left and Gray was the #1 option (playing alongside Eric Williams & Trent Strickland).

The Key/Justin comparison is a tough one because Gray was a very high usage guy who scored a ton of points, but didn't have particularly impressive shooting numbers.

Key's shooting numbers are much better, but he attempts about half as many 3s as Gray did.

Worth noting that Gray also benefited from playing 2 years next to the greatest point guard on the planet.

I'll give Gray a slight edge given the team success, but we were pretty bad his senior year (3-13 in the ACC) when CP3 left and Gray was the #1 option (playing alongside Eric Williams & Trent Strickland).

That’s because we went from the best to worst PG in America.

Gray gets the edge.

Gray was small. Woods is slow and even pre-injury lacked quickness.

I'd post it, but Twitter blocked at work and it was part of a bigger convo on the RW transfer. Les went back and forth w/ Volley So Dear about the number of transfers we've already had... They counted 3 and Les only had RW (SJM was not a transfer).

Les - "I'd be surprised if he plays college basketball anywhere else other than Wake, so I definitely wouldn't count that. (but maybe you have better info than I)"

When asked about the non-answer Key gave about staying, Les added - "I didn't say I thought he was coming back."

Big brother hasn't gotten around to blocking this board? :thumbsup:

Big brother hasn't gotten around to blocking this board? :thumbsup:

It's one of the few sites I can access from work too. I'm guessing the 3 other people out of 300K+ that are accessing the site fro this network aren't enough to cause a blip.

Uh, people were comparing Gray to Randolph during years one (no Paul, broke nose), two, and three. He was a good college SG who had a knack for hitting big shots. Yes, he missed a bunch too, but he was asked to shoot a lot.

Woods reminds me a lot of Steven Goolsby, but more productive. Similar player though

Woods reminds me a lot of Steven Goolsby, but more productive. Similar player though

Has Danny awakened Key's girlfriend, kidnapped her and made her look for him like Odom did with Gools' gf? That would piss Key off...

I'll put up with the Downey/Childress comparisons, but let's not start comparing Keyshawn to Justin Gray. That's not even close.

Nobody compared Gray to Woods yo. Les seemed to imply that Woods is off to Turkey or some similar Euro location to earn some coin playing ball. Someone affirmed that by saying that Woods had a good Euro game - not particularly athletic but a bucket maker. RJ inferred that was crap because Justin Gray has not done well in Europe and since Woods is an inferior college player to Gray, he will be an inferior Euro player to Gray.

I tend to fall into the opposite camp and agree with whomever said that Woods has a good Euro game. He's a good sized SG and a thick body and that will benefit him in many leagues in Europe.

But nobody nobody above compared the two as college players.

But this is a great exchange to use as an example of how disagreements get started over literally nothing with a healthy dollop of misinformation. At the end of this, RJ will get blamed for all of it and someone will post the picture of the old white haired man at his keyboard

Nobody compared Gray to Woods yo. Les seemed to imply that Woods is off to Turkey or some similar Euro location to earn some coin playing ball. Someone affirmed that by saying that Woods had a good Euro game - not particularly athletic but a bucket maker. RJ inferred that was crap because Justin Gray has not done well in Europe and since Woods is an inferior college player to Gray, he will be an inferior Euro player to Gray.

I tend to fall into the opposite camp and agree with whomever said that Woods has a good Euro game. He's a good sized SG and a thick body and that will benefit him in many leagues in Europe.

But nobody nobody above compared the two as college players.

But this is a great exchange to use as an example of how disagreements get started over literally nothing with a healthy dollop of misinformation. At the end of this, RJ will get blamed for all of it and someone will post the picture of the old white haired man at his keyboard

Key is barely 6'3 (if that) and not very quick. He's a good shooter, but there are lots of good shooters. I would be shocked if Key gets into the top league in Turkey. If his agent pulls that miracle off, he should go. They pay very well, but I find that dubious at best.

Key is akin to a collegiate version of Vinnie Johnson. This is a valuable asset for any college team.

I'll put up with the Downey/Childress comparisons, but let's not start comparing Keyshawn to Justin Gray. That's not even close.

Yeah, the more I've marinated on this one today, the more I think Gray was a lot better than Woods. His numbers just don't look that great because he took a ton of shots and had poor Freshman and Senior years (for much different reasons). Woods might be a better pure shooter, but that's just one skill (and even that is debatable).

Obviously, a 3 guard rotation of Paul/Gray/Downey is light years beyond any pu pu platter of guards we are rolling out these days.

Uh, people were comparing Gray to Randolph during years one (no Paul, broke nose), two, and three. He was a good college SG who had a knack for hitting big shots. Yes, he missed a bunch too, but he was asked to shoot a lot.

who was comparing gray to randolph

Woods has a really nice mid range game and, pre-knee injury, could usually find a way to get to the basket despite his less than stellar foot speed. Just watching him he has a very Euro game. Never felt that way about Gray as they had very different games. I would definitely take Gray over Woods every day of the week.

Gray’s senior year team was similar to this one in overall quality. On both ends of the court.

Back