• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

but they did win two acc tournament games. :)

just realized gray was second team all-acc and Big E was third team (did you know his mom played basketball?)
that's two more all-acc players than this team has.

Gray was ROY and All-ACC for 3 years. I think Big E was All-ACC for 3 years.

little known fact: Big E's mom once had 31 rebounds IN ONE GAME

could we start her at the 4 this weekend?

Gray was ROY and All-ACC for 3 years. I think Big E was All-ACC for 3 years.

Gray was not ROY for 2002-03.

That was Chris Bosh
2nd was JJ Redick
3rd was Raymond Felton

CP3 won the award in 2003-04.

Sorry. I meant all-rookie team then 3 all-ACC teams. He won a league honor all four years. Pretty sure he’s the last player to do that.

Hansbrough and Sean Singletary did it, too.

JGray's stamping his passport a lot.

He's in Romania this year after playing in Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Greece, Ukraine, China, Germany, Greece again, France, Turkey, Lebanon, Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Belarus.

13 countries in 11 years. Impressive grind.

He's in Romania this year after playing in Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Greece, Ukraine, China, Germany, Greece again, France, Turkey, Lebanon, Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Belarus.

Nope.

Getting paid to travel the world doesn't sound too bad

David Weaver is still playing for pay as well. I would not want to be grinding it in Ukraine, however. You can find Ukrainian woman all over Europe without having to live there and if I were JGray's agent, I would have told him that straight up.

i'll take Gray, Williams, Strickland, Ellis and Visser any day over this year's entire roster.

This year’s entire roster is only about 1 point per 100 possessions worse, relative to the rest of college basketball, than that team. So if that team had significantly more talent, then this year’s team must have significantly better . . . . Coaching?

This year’s entire roster is only about 1 point per 100 possessions worse, relative to the rest of college basketball, than that team. So if that team had significantly more talent, then this year’s team must have significantly better . . . . Coaching?

I'll take absurd conclusions from obscure stats for 100.

Reactions: Ayo
you have watched this team all season and think they're only 85 teams better than us? dont we only have like 10 wins?

you have watched this team all season and think they're only 85 teams better than us? dont we only have like 10 wins?

Kenpom does not care if the team wins or loses. Neither does RC, I guess. DM is perfect for an inflated kenpom rating. Play close all game, choke, profit.

Moral victories all around.

Kenpom just cant account for all of Mannings "bad luck".

85 teams better than Wake Forest is a lot (too many). Among the teams better than WF with a fraction of monetary and facilities commitment of Wake Forest:

Northern Kentucky
Buffalo
Belmont
Montana
South Dakota State
Vermont
South Dakota (yes, somehow there are two schools in South Dakota better than WF; think about that; it's not like SD produces great, or any, in-state talent; so, whomever each school brings in, lacked any inviting hoop offers to choose South Dakota or SD State)
Vermont (see South Dakota)
Davidson (this one is perfect; WF has every imaginable edge on Davidson, including admissions selectivity; Davidson is Wake Forest Lite, WF has the advantage to spend money on every imaginable facility upgrade, WF is in the ACC, no player on Davidson would've gotten a sniff from WF, yet they are objectively better)
Boise State (football school in Idaho; better than WF)
Murray State
Loyola-Chicago

WF should never fall below 60 in any objective basketball ranking system, ever. There just aren't that many schools that have the competitive basketball edges that WF has.

Last edited:
85 teams better than Wake Forest is a lot (too many). Among the teams better than WF with a fraction of monetary and facilities commitment of Wake Forest:

Northern Kentucky
Buffalo
Belmont
Montana
South Dakota State
Vermont
South Dakota (yes, somehow there are two schools in South Dakota better than WF; think about that; it's not like SD produces great in-state talent; so, whomever each school brings in, couldn't have a ton of other inviting options to choose South Dakota or SD State)
Vermont (see South Dakota)
Davidson (this one is perfect; WF has every imaginable edge on Davidson; Davidson is Wake Forest Lite, WF has the advantage to spend money on every imaginable facility upgrade, WF is in the ACC, no player on Davidson would've gotten a sniff from WF, yet they are objectively better)
Boise State (football school in Idaho; better than WF)
Murray State
Loyola-Chicago

I think Davidson has a good coach but I hear on these interwebs that is not very important. Just need more Joes.

Back