• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

The wheels fell off when we lost that game at Clemson. We beat a Final Four team (George Mason), played eventual champion Florida real tough, and beat #9 seed Wisconsin OOC.

Losing close games at Clemson and Maryland, both of which we should have won, IIRC, really killed the confidence of the team. Even without a PG, we were much better than a 3-13 ACC team.

Love Skip, but that year was rough.

That team started well too and was in the top 25, it ended well, just lost like 10 straight...wtf?

Was that started by the Strickland missed reverse dunk (either against Duke or Ga Tech) that triggered the downfall of Wake basketball?

Was that started by the Strickland missed reverse dunk (either against Duke or Ga Tech) that triggered the downfall of Wake basketball?

Pretty sure the Strickland missed reverse dunk was in the ACC Tournament Semis against Duke. We were playing them real close and then that happened.

The infamous Strickland missed dunk was against #1 Duke in Winston.

Wake Forest had its best chance at a comeback early in the
second half, when four consecutive points from Gray cut the deficit
to three. Greg Paulus got loose for a layup on the other end, and
later, when Redick missed a 3, Strickland had a breakaway that
would have made it 53-50.

But he missed a reverse dunk, and Redick -- who else? -- swished a
3-pointer on the ensuing possession.

It's crazy to think that was 12 years ago. I remember that exact sequence vividly.

Pretty sure the Strickland missed reverse dunk was in the ACC Tournament Semis against Duke. We were playing them real close and then that happened.

We did play Duke in the semis of the ACC Tournament that year (after beating FSU and NC State), and even led at halftime.

I maintain that WF is cursed from that dunk and WF needs to have Strickland come back and do a reverse dunk during halftime to reverse the curse.

Or have Strick come back to do a reverse dunk in which he jumps over a stationary Chris Paul, kicking him in the junk in the process,to reverse all of our curses.

I choose to remember the dunk Strickland had his freshman year in 2OT to seal the win vs. Duke.

I maintain that WF is cursed from that dunk and WF needs to have Strickland come back and do a reverse dunk during halftime to reverse the curse.

Oh man...Strick's bug-eyed look of abject fear told us everything. Even though he couldn't articulate it, he knew that blown dunk set in motion a sequence of events that would ultimately mire wake basketball in a decade of hell!

I choose to remember the dunk Strickland had his freshman year in 2OT to seal the win vs. Duke.

Right, I associate his missed dunk with an eventual big win. I witnessed that one. Don't recall the other one.

Or have Strick come back to do a reverse dunk in which he jumps over a stationary Chris Paul, kicking him in the junk in the process,to reverse all of our curses.

This is what I thought after reading the post before yours (or some combo including CP3).

Right, I associate his missed dunk with an eventual big win. I witnessed that one. Don't recall the other one.

That 2003 game was one of the all-time great games in the Joel. First win over Duke since Duncan. 2OT game of attrition. Tons of players on both sides fouled out. Lots of bad blood. On a personal note, I brought 3 Dukies to the game and the car was silent on the way back to Durham.

That 2003 game was one of the all-time great games in the Joel. First win over Duke since Duncan. 2OT game of attrition. Tons of players on both sides fouled out. Lots of bad blood. On a personal note, I brought 3 Dukies to the game and the car was silent on the way back to Durham.

Wasn't that Justin's first game back after the broken jaw. And Howard fouled out in reg or the 1st ot.

Yep. First game back after Boozer bodychecked him in Cameron. Wearing the mask.

Woods making it easier to let him move on.

Back