• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Tennessee Vols -- Saturday Noon -- ESPN 2 (same time as our Bowl)

Classic Manning. Wright throws down the dunk of the season right before commercial break & they come back to game with a close up of his face sitting on the bench.

What was Wake doing on the U? Can’t believe we were on all but the official station for Wake athletics.

In W-S, w e were on three out of four contiguous channels at the same time:ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Classic. Sadly 2018 basketball will never be on Classic.

Can’t believe we lost to Tennessee Men’s Basketball.

I only saw bits and pieces, but we didn't look as weak as I feared. Tennessee is a powerhouse.

I watched the whole game. We got dominated inside by grown-ass men. Absolutely no answer.

I didn’t come away from the game feeling particularly rosy... Lack of post play is going to be a huge issue for the rest of the year.

I know this game was pretty meaningless, but Manning’s substitution patterns must demoralize his players. With 3:05 left to play, Sharone Wright busted down the court after a missed shot by TN and aggressively takes the ball to the basket and slam dunks on #5 (Schofield) while the Wake bench erupts. Although TN is up by 21 with 3:05 left to play, Barnes calls a timeout and gives his players an ear full. After the timeout, the television cameras pan to the Wake bench and there sits Wright, on the bench, staring up at the scoreboard (probably watching a replay of his dunk). Manning’s player substitution theory must include returning to the bench after making a good play or showing any type of energy and hustle. There really is not much to like about the man’s coaching tendencies or abilities.

A 4 page game thread, two pages of which are pregame. May be a new low

A 4 page game thread, two pages of which are pregame. May be a new low

You realize the football team was playing in a bowl game at exactly the same time.

People are there, or watching a team that doesn’t suck right now.

You realize the football team was playing in a bowl game at exactly the same time.

People are there, or watching a team that doesn’t suck right now.

except for you, who needs an intervention of some sort

Have you been watching the football game?

Have you been watching the football game?

Yeah, but I would have switched between them. With the exception of “early” weekday games that happen when I’m teaching, I still watch pretty much every basketball game.

Back