• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Tennessee Vols -- Saturday Noon -- ESPN 2 (same time as our Bowl)

Did anyone hear about Marquette’s Markus Howard scoring 45 pts with some 24 straight points for his team?

Anyone else think no way he scores more than 5 straight with Deacs as Manning is the best coach to ice a hot shooter???? Just absolutely mind boggling game after game, year after year to watch the schizo subbing we are subjected to. I can’t imagine the players frustration but hence why the mass transfer/early exits we witness.

Nah, two TVs. Watched while I got in a good workout.

Living in the central time zone, I had them DVR'd on different TV's. Easier to watch hoops and monitor football. Found it quite annoying that the hoops announcers felt it necessary to give football updates. Fortunately, with some of the early scoring, the football game was ahead thanks to skipping commercials.

Announcers (Jimmy Dykes) was all over Hoard for not making an impact early in the game.

They also were hyping Childress, who had a decent start, but then was shut down.

Glad I went the DVR route, only caught up on football in the last 5 min or so.

Can’t believe we lost to Tennessee Men’s Basketball.

Well, TN did actually hire a real coach. Didn't Barnes leave Texas the year after we hired Manning? I think Barnes is the type of guy that would love to beat the dook's and UNC's with a Wake team he built.

Well, TN did actually hire a real coach. Didn't Barnes leave Texas the year after we hired Manning? I think Barnes is the type of guy that would love to beat the dook's and UNC's with a Wake team he built.

Maybe we could have stood another year under he-who-shall-not-be-named

I know he never beat UNC away. I'm not sure if Barnes ever beat UNC while at Clemson.

My book had it UT -19 with an over/under of 147

UT wins by 19, 147 total points.

I can’t remember ever seeing that in college hoops.

Why the love for the gray uniforms? Wake has been wearing them both home & away. Seems more likely to see them in gray or gold versus white or black.

Why the love for the gray uniforms? Wake has been wearing them both home & away. Seems more likely to see them in gray or gold versus white or black.

this...the grey sucks. not even a color of wakes. and it seems like we have sucked since trying them. bring back the white/black uniforms

ACC tournament 1996 - turned around and lost to Odom's Deacs the next day

I was reminding my UNC-loving friend about that game a few days ago. I have to be careful about mentioning Greg Buckner in his presence.

Agree the gray uniforms suck.

Seemingly every other team that does not have black as a color wears black. Because black uniforms are sharp.

We have black as a color and we wear gray. So we can look like a team that can’t afford laundry services.

Yeah, the grays suck.

Black, White, and the very occasional Gold.

I really liked the simple white ones from last year with “Deacons” in cursive.

925e0328073e1d4cd7d8381c5394d3c9.jpg

Rick Barnes would look nice in Winston-Salem, but we're stuck with our our guy.

DM set a new standard even for him--prize recruits don't show up for the biggest game of the year. Of course, DM took no responsibility for anything.

DM set a new standard even for him--prize recruits don't show up for the biggest game of the year. Of course, DM took no responsibility for anything.

Not pro-Manning, but Hoard was awful today when it mattered. Not sure how that is Manning’s fault.

I guess Manning is also responsible for Chaundee playing a good game?

Just watched the game. Deacs showed some energy for 15 minutes. Vols went on a 29-10 run the final five minutes of the first half and the first five minutes of the second half. From that point on it was going through the motions.

Brown played well against men. Brandon's limitations show against good teams. Maybe everyone else learned something playing against a good team. Maybe not.

If losses to Gardner Webb and Cornell would show Manning the door I'd take them. The players deserve better. I hate typing the past two sentences.

Just watched the game. Deacs showed some energy for 15 minutes. Vols went on a 29-10 run the final five minutes of the first half and the first five minutes of the second half. From that point on it was going through the motions.

Brown played well against men. Brandon's limitations show against good teams. Maybe everyone else learned something playing against a good team. Maybe not.

If losses to Gardner Webb and Cornell would show Manning the door I'd take them. The players deserve better. I hate typing the past two sentences.

I agree. The only possible reason not to fire Danny mid-season is Cole Anthony. The kid made a big case for coming here.

Fools dream and definitely not worth it.

What good is a 1-and done on a team with insufficient talent and a lack of coaching.

How is that a worthwhile trade off for another wasted year.

Back