• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the UNC Tarheels Saturday Noon ESPN 2

I think we have too many wannabe heros and not enough team players. Moore must be our first option, not our last. And he must learn how to hit free throws under pressure. He is the only dominate player we have. We must figure out how to use him more and better. Playing Sarr with him helps, I think. Mitchell would make us much, much better but he needs to improve and in order to do that, he must play more. This season is lost in terms of making the tournament, so let's play the guys we must have next season.

Chill needs a short leash. He is making way too many mistakes.

Crawford played well today. He needs to be encouraged to do more of the same.

The lack of basketball knowledge by some here is truly astonishing when everyone feels the need to still give their opinion. Let’s go through this really quick:
1. Doral had a guard covering him in the post with an easy entry pass available from wilbekin. What happened? He didn’t make the entry pass. Not on Manning.
2. The heave by Key was definitely not a drawn up play and to think so is just ridiculous and shows people just want a reason to bitch about Manning.
3. Complaints about timeouts left is a timeless tradition. You know who didn’t use timeouts and had more than us left at the end of the game? Roy Williams - who won the game.

The arrogance by those of you who think you're the only student of game gets old, guys. You practice and drill so that you do the right thing - coaches lead that. It's also on Manning when you see nothing happening to call one of those timeouts to reset. Key's heave - ok he panicked, but again you drill and teach so that players do the right thing. Finally, Roy has never used all his timeouts - fine. That doesn't make Manning not using his the right strategy.

Manning put us in a position to win the game with 10 seconds left. The inability to get a better shot (than KW's desperation heave) with multiple timeouts available is unforgivable. Throw the ball in and get it across half court. If you have a shot take it. If you don't, call time out and run a half court set piece. A win here would have done a lot for this fragile team. Instead all the momentum is now against us (if it wasn't after the loss to Liberty/Drake). I just wanted the team to have a chance to win. KW's prayer didnt stand a chance, and contrary to others suggestions was a terrible shot.

I think we have too many wannabe heros and not enough team players. Moore must be our first option, not our last. And he must learn how to hit free throws under pressure. He is the only dominate player we have. We must figure out how to use him more and better. Playing Sarr with him helps, I think. Mitchell would make us much, much better but he needs to improve and in order to do that, he must play more. This season is lost in terms of making the tournament, so let's play the guys we must have next season.

Chill needs a short leash. He is making way too many mistakes.

Crawford played well today. He needs to be encouraged to do more of the same.
Moore is not a dominant player at all. He's been feasting on cupcakes for the whole season. Game changer defensively and on the boards, though.

Has anyone suggested that wasn't a terrible shot?

We haven't finished either of the last two games very well..hard to know if it's poor coaching/strategy or poor execution. But the end game wasn't ideal today

Moore is not a dominant player at all. He's been feasting on cupcakes for the whole season. Game changer defensively and on the boards, though.

He is the most dominant player WE HAVE. He is dominant around the board defensively. He is our best rebounder by far. He could be our best offensive player but he must learn to pass the ball back out and reset. He is the only player we have that most teams cannot match up against.

Dude had 4 points tonight. Yet he was suppose to be our #1 option in the last 2 mins, according to the basketball geniuses around here. You idiots deserve Manning.

They took Crawford out of the play. Woods with a fairly open deep 3 for the was probably not the play drawn up but also not that bad of a shot. I did not like giving Doral the ball up 2. You knew they were going to put him on the line. I think that cost us the game.

Re: Moore, I agree about the body language. He needs a coach like Prosser who can get through to him about the mental aspects of the game. Don't know if Manning can do that.

There are obviously major holes in Manning's skill set as a HC and to deny that is to have your head in the sand.

The arrogance by those of you who think you're the only student of game gets old, guys. You practice and drill so that you do the right thing - coaches lead that. It's also on Manning when you see nothing happening to call one of those timeouts to reset. Key's heave - ok he panicked, but again you drill and teach so that players do the right thing. Finally, Roy has never used all his timeouts - fine. That doesn't make Manning not using his the right strategy.

What gets old is the arrogance of most of you to pin a game on Manning without any real basketball knowledge to back up your argument. College kids make mistakes in games. It doesn’t have to be on the coaches every single time. Every single coach in the NCAA has their players make mistakes (every single college bball game, actually) that was on the players, not them. Wilbekin not getting the ball in to Doral with Williams on him in the post is on him - not Danny. No way to spin that logically. Key heaving the three literally happened before manning had any chance to call a timeout. Key didn’t try to turn around or slow up - he shot a runner from 30 feet. Not saying he would have called a timeout if he did slow up but still didn’t have a chance.

Manning has had bad in-game coaching days. Today was not one of them.

I just don't think we're a good team. You're not going to be competitive in the ACC leaning on some of the guys we are for big minutes and contributions. Manning is working on changing that, and the incoming class will change our identity a ton. It sucks to say wait until next year but we don't have the kind of talent to not have a big regression after Collins left early. At this point, Crawford and Woods feel like the only legit ACC starters. I fully expect Brown and Sarr to get there. Chill, Wilbekin, and Moore are role players who were having to rely on as starters or for big minutes. It's just not going to be a good year. Excited for next season, and I hope to watch Sarr and Brown get better. Also hope Crawford comes back for next year, which could be a good run.

Dude had 4 points tonight. Yet he was suppose to be our #1 option in the last 2 mins, according to the basketball geniuses around here. You idiots deserve Manning.

Again, lol. This statement really shows how much you have the “Manning hate” blinders on.

Crawford with another missed dunk on 1 on 1 breakaway. Again he should have shot a layup and probably would have had an and 1. When will he learn to make the efficient play instead of the flashy one?

Crawford with another missed dunk on 1 on 1 breakaway. Again he should have shot a layup and probably would have had an and 1. When will he learn to make the efficient play instead of the flashy one?

The blown layup at around the 10 min mark in the second half was awful. Forget now what the score was, but I remember thinking that would be a turning point.

Don’t forget last year’s Duke game where they closed on a 9-0 run...we can bitch about DM but he’s not going anywhere. Dakich was really good about calling what we should do on every possession under 2 minutes and we did the opposite and he’s in the booth. I’ll just say that DM just fell asleep in the last 2 minutes.

Everyone is a fan w different degrees of BB knowledge...what I get tired of is the “we almost best UNC at home” so things really look good for next year. It’s year 4 guys and Roy coached his ass off in the last 2 minutes.

The blown layup at around the 10 min mark in the second half was awful. Forget now what the score was, but I remember thinking that would be a turning point.

Would’ve been a three point game if he made it - turned into an easy Joel Berry bucket on the other end to make it 7

Roy said if Doral got the ball down low he wanted to foul him

It can go both ways. Manning had a good game plan and it was great seeing us play so well defensively. But it's also true that Manning didn't manage the end of the game well, particularly his use of timeouts.

True, we did not seem to be well prepared to handle the end of game situations that usually come up. There was a lot of mental pressure for sure and we don't react too well. Our guys improved this game and hopefully will continue to do so. But, it was a good opportunity lost.

What gets old is the arrogance of most of you to pin a game on Manning without any real basketball knowledge to back up your argument. College kids make mistakes in games. It doesn’t have to be on the coaches every single time. Every single coach in the NCAA has their players make mistakes (every single college bball game, actually) that was on the players, not them. Wilbekin not getting the ball in to Doral with Williams on him in the post is on him - not Danny. No way to spin that logically. Key heaving the three literally happened before manning had any chance to call a timeout. Key didn’t try to turn around or slow up - he shot a runner from 30 feet. Not saying he would have called a timeout if he did slow up but still didn’t have a chance.

Manning has had bad in-game coaching days. Today was not one of them.

of course all kids make mistakes and of course they're not all Danny's fault. But are you willing to give Manning a complete pass on the last 2 minutes?? Poor use, or not using, timeouts has been a consistent issue for Manning.

Most of the people on here have some decent basketball knowledge, so continued superiority complex doesn't further the discussion.

Back