• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UVA Cavaliers -- 9 pm Tuesday

Bowman is a poor man's Childress.

This is Wake's best remaining chance at a win (50/50 odds on KP).

On Monday, Sarr told us the key to Wake Forest having offensive success against the pack line is moving the ball and playing for one another. It’s something the Deacons have done at times this season, not nearly enough, though. I asked which games he felt they had done a good job of that and a wry smile appeared on his face and he told me “everybody knows” it was the N.C. State game, that “it ain’t no secrets.”

About 10 minutes later, Manning was asked what could be done in practice to make sure the Deacons take care of the ball and play for one another.

“You’ve gotta make some shots, too. You can do all of those things, but you’ve still gotta put the ball in the hole offensively,” Manning said. “And we’re having some opportunities to score the ball. Our numbers need to get better, but we’ve gotta — we’ve gotta knock down some shots. That’s part of it, as well.”

That was the answer. Nothing about anything done in practice to help facilitate ball movement. Nothing about making sure this team — not just Sarr — understands that launching a bunch of 3s is the opposite of playing for another. Nothing about making sure the five players who had never played Virginia understand what the Cavaliers do to opposing offenses.

So I guess Wake Forest just didn’t make shots.

Oh man, that's just brutal.

I still think that the fact that Wellman has not publicly supported Manning that I am aware of , is a really good sign. In the past Wellman would occasionally come on as a halftime guest of Stan’s and talk about the progress of a “young team”. I think he knows the issues.

Bowman is a poor man's Childress.

This is Wake's best remaining chance at a win (50/50 odds on KP).

LOL. Bowman makes Chill look like a booger. He has elite athleticism, while Chill has below average ACC athletism. Chill is a tough competitor and very good shooter, but come on.

I assume he was joking.

The good thing about playing UVA on Tuesday and then BC on Saturday is that the team gets to stack 4 days in between.

If that UVA game was on Wednesday? Well, then you are only stacking 3 days MAX. And I'm not sure that is enough.

The good thing about playing UVA on Tuesday and then BC on Saturday is that the team gets to stack 4 days in between.

If that UVA game was on Wednesday? Well, then you are only stacking 3 days MAX. And I'm not sure that is enough.

Well an extra day of practice under Manning is invaluable.

On Monday, Sarr told us the key to Wake Forest having offensive success against the pack line is moving the ball and playing for one another. It’s something the Deacons have done at times this season, not nearly enough, though. I asked which games he felt they had done a good job of that and a wry smile appeared on his face and he told me “everybody knows” it was the N.C. State game, that “it ain’t no secrets.”

About 10 minutes later, Manning was asked what could be done in practice to make sure the Deacons take care of the ball and play for one another.

“You’ve gotta make some shots, too. You can do all of those things, but you’ve still gotta put the ball in the hole offensively,” Manning said. “And we’re having some opportunities to score the ball. Our numbers need to get better, but we’ve gotta — we’ve gotta knock down some shots. That’s part of it, as well.”

That was the answer. Nothing about anything done in practice to help facilitate ball movement. Nothing about making sure this team — not just Sarr — understands that launching a bunch of 3s is the opposite of playing for another. Nothing about making sure the five players who had never played Virginia understand what the Cavaliers do to opposing offenses.

So I guess Wake Forest just didn’t make shots.

Oh man, that's just brutal.

I would put this up against anything Redacted said as the most tone-deaf, inane thing I've heard one of our coaches say in the last nine years.

I would put this up against anything Redacted said as the most tone-deaf, inane thing I've heard one of our coaches say in the last nine years.

What do you mean? It's obvious Danny Boy is doing all he can and is coaching our guys perfectly, but at the end of the day he's not the one shooting so it's just a matter of our guys not making shots like Danny would. Geeez!!!

Edited to add: It's not like Danny Boy could coach our guys to get better shots or play better defense so we don't have to make so many shots or rebound better so our opponents don't get as many shots and we get more shots. I really don't know what you people expect from our coach!!!

Last edited:
Back