• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UVA Cavaliers -- 9 pm Tuesday

That’s a ton of points. I’m guessing something like 30-20 at the half and 68-45 for the game.

In the past, would agree that 132.5 is way too many points for any UVA matchup, but this is Bennett's best offensive team, and they don't grind out 56-34 wins like previous UVA editions. In their 5 ACC games, UVA has scored over 80 twice and 70 another time; they put up a 100 on Marshall. They are the #3 offensive team in the country, and can score. Given that and WF's vacant D, seems likely UVA will score close to 80 unless they are unusually cold from 3.

It just feels like the perfect storm for us to get pasted by a ridiculous amount.

UVA just lost on the road to Duke and gets to come home and take it out on Wake.
The Deacs are playing their 2nd consecutive road game (in the state of Virginia).
UVA makes it very difficult to score, and Wake has issues even when there is no defense to speak of.
As mentioned above, UVA can actually score efficiently this year... Which means they should take advantage of our many bricks and turnovers.

It should be domination from the tip.

Down to -22.5!

The closer it gets to 20, the more I am tempted to wager on UVA.

I haven't bet Wake games because I don't want to bet against Wake. But the longer Wellman's shit show continues, the more tempted I will be to bet against us. Wellman cares primarily about the money, why shouldn't the rest of us follow suit?

Two polar opposites in regards to coaches where you have one that had a clear vision and system to implement from day 1 to turn a program completely around and then you had......

You have one laid-back gentleman putting his college and NBA playing experience to good use in the cause of basketball program turnarounds. Then you have Manning.

I haven't bet Wake games because I don't want to bet against Wake. But the longer Wellman's shit show continues, the more tempted I will be to bet against us. Wellman cares primarily about the money, why shouldn't the rest of us follow suit?

Step 1. Bet against Wake and win money
Step 2. Use winnings to buy seat at the table
Step 3. Sit next to Ron Wellman
Step 4. Eat extra hot Chipotle burritos and release nasty ass farts on to Ron Wellman.

Could Bennett get our current roster to the NCAA tournament? I'm tempted to say yes.

IMHO, Starting now, with the bad losses on the books, probably no. If he had started with the guys in the early summer, probably yes. The guys would have learned to exert energy and show intensity on defense. Or be practicing their best assistant coach persona.

Goals for tonight:

1. Quest for 40
2. Reach 30 before UVA reaches 50.
3. Make sure you score double digits each half.

Here is my prediction - UVa ends up with a higher shooting pct in this game than we do points.

While I consider that to be an oddly excellent specific prediction, there is something to consider, and it's the same thing with the line - the back door cover. UVA will be up 30+ by the time there is 10:00 remaining. We won't have 30 by that point. But then they'll pull their starters. And then with 5:00 left, they'll pull the rest of their scholly players. Similar thing happened against FSU here. My UVA friend and I left with 2:00 remaining after UVA pulled their players, and FSU pressed and cut into the lead by 12-15 points in that final 2:00. We had a back door cover at VT because Tech kept fouling us. UVA won't do that, but I think we could fare pretty well against their non-scholly players. The worst thing is I just learned this is a 9:00 start, and I'm usually in bed around 10-10:30. So now I have to stay up late to get depressed. Fuck me.

Yeah, as much as I think we’ll get blown out by 30+, these games with a spread around 20 are highly susceptible to a back door cover.

No wager for me.

Line is down to 21.5. Weird. I know the highrollers aren't tailing WF; so, this must be action anticipating a post-Duke letdown. Risky to say the least as the cover may comedown to UVA's walk-ons versus WF's walk-ons.

Line is down to 21.5. Weird. I know the highrollers aren't tailing WF; so, this must be action anticipating a post-Duke letdown. Risky to say the least as the cover may comedown to UVA's walk-ons versus WF's walk-ons.

That's the thing. Will Danny put in his walk-ons when Tony does? Hamilton didn't, and UVA's walk-ons turned it over 6 straight times before getting it to midcourt. The lead will be > 30 with 10:00 left, and we'll have < 30. After that, who knows.

Yeah, as much as I think we’ll get blown out by 30+, these games with a spread around 20 are highly susceptible to a back door cover.

No wager for me.

Agree. We probably are down 25 with 10 to go and Bennett puts in the scrubs but we keep playing our starting rotation. Could allow for both the over and Wake +22 to come through.

UVA is -12.5 first half. That should be safe as that won't allow any scrub minutes to play with final score. For the record, I also think -21.5 will be easy $. A mismatch in every measurable way.

UVA is -12.5 first half. That should be safe as that won't allow any scrub minutes to play with final score. For the record, I also think -21.5 will be easy $. A mismatch in every measurable way.

Yeah, that 1st half should be easy money. I'd set our 1st half o/u on points at 17.

I disagree. I think we'll keep it within two or three possession until about the 4:00 mark and then UVa increase the lead to double digits. I think you'll be sweating at the end of the 1st.

I disagree. I think we'll keep it within two or three possession until about the 4:00 mark and then UVa increase the lead to double digits. I think you'll be sweating at the end of the 1st.

You're right if you mean we'll be within 2-3 possessions 4:00 into the game. UVA often starts a game slowly to the 1st TV TO, but they usually crank it up right after that.

Back