• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - VT Hokies - Tuesday 9 pm - LJVM - ACCN

And now we have the announcers questioning why Manning is still here.

I thought this year was the lowest in attendance in like the last twenty or so?

I think there are several things at play here:

1. This board has exaggerated the attendance issue over the past several years, with witty statements like "tens of fans!!" "2000 in attendance" "more cheerleaders than fans!!!"
We have a lot of very dedicated fans, which is impressive. From having attended 95% of the home games, I've seen some very good crowds for some very bad teams.
2. Despite point 1, attendance has dropped steadily since John Collins year.
3. Attendance has dropped even more this year, to the lowest level ever.
4. Attendance tonight, from watching on TV, looks to be one of the lowest attended home ACC games ever for Wake.

They were going down a good path but it was like Wellman was feeding him lines about how players have left. Instead of questioning why Moore and Crawford left they kind of let it hang there.

Bede is a guy who needs to be punched.

My exact thought.

That photo gives me a better view. The TV angles make it look better than it really is. Thanks.

Please elaborate for those of us stuck with Xfinity and unable to watch ACC Network. That's the only thing related to Wake hoops that gives me pleasure anymore.

DM brought in to turn things around but have not been going in the right direction.

Talked about Collins leaving then players making the wrong decisions to leave.

They also said he got screwed because his good players kept leaving so...

don't the best players on every team leave early?
not directed to you specifically.
never got this argument. "manning lost all his players." well so the fuck did everyone else.

The announcer questioned it but then the color guy ran cover using talking points from years ago about player turnover.

I've watched most of the second half so far. Longest stretch of WF basketball I've watched this year.

I can't believe how many people are at the game. I would never advocate that people stay away and not support the team, but as long as there's this critical mass of senior citizens in attendance, there's less incentive for the AD to make changes. I had assumed we were experiencing a big financial impact due to lost revenue from tix sales but this appears to be a very decent crowd considering the abominable state of the program.

2500. R u being serious?

don't the best players on every team leave early?
not directed to you specifically.
never got this argument. "manning lost all his players." well so the fuck did everyone else.

Ever think some of those players just wanted to get out of a toxic program with a lame duck coach and dwindling fan support, while losses continued to pile up? Sad, but true in a lot of ways.

I swear I heard something about “guaranteed contract” from one of them but I’ve been multitasking trying to not watch this shit. If the hurricanes or hornets were playing I’d watch that instead.

Can we get rid of the chicken sandwich give away? Seems really stupid for 10's of fans going nuts on a 2nd free throw miss when we are down 15+ points. It looks pretty pathetic.

Back