• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last Play To Codi

ACCOffice

Reaction score
Play is called "Split" or "Miami Split". First used on regular basis by Heat in late 90's. Diagramed by Pat Riley and Jeff [Redacted].

This is so good it is mind altering. Skip got it from Bz. Bz beat State twice with this play.

Let's try to keep this from Wellman.

Pack2004
Huffs taint fumes
8153 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: 1/15/2014 11:21 PM
RE: Deacons-Wolfpack Postgame Thread
BZZZ Owns Gott!!

Can we trade Wake?? They hate BZZ and I would take him in a heatbeat! He drew up a beautiful play at the end!!

1-4 is staring us in the eye.....what a HORRIBLE year for State Athletics!

Ridiculous.

Play is called "Split" or "Miami Split". First used on regular basis by Heat in late 90's. Diagramed by Pat Riley and Jeff [Redacted].

This is so good it is mind altering. Skip got it from Bz. Bz beat State twice with this play.

That's interesting.

Good play and State defended it horribly. No one was close to Codi between the FT lines. With that running start it's over.

That's not a travel. Even in college you get two steps after gathering the ball (you get to put both feet down. Either in a jump stop or two steps). While Codi's left toe might be still be on the floor at the time he gathers the ball it's for a fraction of a second. You aren't going to see that called at any level.

Do you live in Poland, by chance?

I think it's called in the olympics....not in the states.

Can anybody post the entire play?

Also, I'm BZZ out, but his set plays after TOs are the best I've seen since Tacy.

Can anybody post the entire play?

Also, I'm BZZ out, but his set plays after TOs are the best I've seen since Tacy.
I know right. I think that's experience that he got learning from much better coaches in the nba

This the play the CP3 beat State on at the buzzer?

I've watched this a few times... Idk bc the ball is on the opposite side of the camera it looks like he is still in mid dribble, but yeah watching a few more times that first step looks like he palms it then brings it over to the other hand making it a third step.

I would be livid if I was a state fan but I also don't think it should have been called, especially since the ref was to the right of Codi.

definitely traveled. love the up-close of CMM dropping the F-bomb. makes me laugh every time when producers cut to players/coaches that are obviously going to drop expletives. fcc be darned that's good stuff.

Culture?

Slow-motion around the 2:05 mark. The key here is when you start counting steps. I don't think steps count until the player has forfeited his right to dribble the ball again. Someone with more reffing expertise can correct me if I'm wrong there. If you watch the replay his hand is still on the side of the ball (meaning he could have taken another dribble at that point) as he completes that first step (right behind the FT line) and then he takes two (big) steps on the way to the basket. It's not some egregious call like State fans are making it out to be. It's a lot more nuanced than that.

Fuck State.

Childress was joking with CMM right after the game about traveling.

Warren scored on a similar move earlier in the game with no call, so it was a wash.

Back