• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last Play To Codi

Maybe I'm too buzzout for my own good, but that play wasn't all that impressive IMO. It was a pass in and a pass back to CMM. For some inexplicable reason, CMM's defender went to Thomas when he got the ball. Did he think Thomas was going to bring the ball up?

CMM's last dribble hit the floor outside of the 3 point line. He also went around a defender.

Great that we got away with it, but jeez, that's a walk.

CMM's last dribble hit the floor outside of the 3 point line. He also went around a defender.

Great that we got away with it, but jeez, that's a walk.

Based on the rule I posted above, when did his dribble stop?

did you guys ever watch Darius Songaila play basketball? CMM took like three less steps than the average Songaila scoring drive. That man could travel and score like nobody I've ever seen, it's like the refs couldn't see his lily white legs.

Maybe I'm too buzzout for my own good, but that play wasn't all that impressive IMO. It was a pass in and a pass back to CMM. For some inexplicable reason, CMM's defender went to Thomas when he got the ball. Did he think Thomas was going to bring the ball up?

They should have had a man on CMM on the inbounds play.

Here is the Chris Paul play for those that don't remember. I think this was the nutpunch game and he was suspended after the game.

Here is the Chris Paul play for those that don't remember. I think this was the nutpunch game and he was suspended after the game.

Oh, that was definitely the nut punch game.

Not to be tangential, but has anyone been by a car wash lately to see how Hodge is doing?

Slow-motion around the 2:05 mark. The key here is when you start counting steps. I don't think steps count until the player has forfeited his right to dribble the ball again. Someone with more reffing expertise can correct me if I'm wrong there. If you watch the replay his hand is still on the side of the ball (meaning he could have taken another dribble at that point) as he completes that first step (right behind the FT line) and then he takes two (big) steps on the way to the basket. It's not some egregious call like State fans are making it out to be. It's a lot more nuanced than that.

Fuck State.

I agree with this. I also see where people see an extra step because of this. Interpretation seems like it would be a no call, and I am glad it wasn't called.

Thanks for posting the clip. I somehow got tickets to that game as a HS senior and took a few people. The stadium just died after that shot. Everyone filed out in silent shock.

We were also accosted in the parking lot by a stumbling, budweiser-wielding redneck, who made us aware of how we'd ripped his heart out in there. This was not too long after someone had gotten shot in the parking lot of Carter-Finley so we got the fuck outta there.

We were also accosted in the parking lot by a stumbling, budweiser-wielding redneck, who made us aware of how we'd ripped his heart out in there.

Was it this guy?

a-adronwellman093003.jpg

I don't recall seeing a bunch of game winning drives where the driver took his last dribble outside of the 3 point arch and changed direction to avoid a defender.

I don't recall seeing a bunch of game winning drives where the driver took his last dribble outside of the 3 point arch and changed direction to avoid a defender.

When did his dribble stop (using the rule I posted earlier)?

Same play as the CP3 nut punch game winner.

Definitely traveled at the end.

Doesn't matter because we won and that goes uncalled in a lot of games.

As soon as Devin got double teamed and Codi got the start downcourt that play was finished.

The ball hit his hand, then he esablished his left foot as the pivot foot, then he went to his right foot and back to his left. That's a travel.

Fuck State.

The most recent error occurred on Sunday at Wake Forest, when Referee Mike Wood ruled that a shot by North Carolina State's C. C. Harrison was a 3-pointer, giving the last-place Wolfpack a 60-59 overtime victory. Replays clearly showed that Harrison's foot was on the 3-point line when he launched his leaning jump shot, which banked in at the buzzer......The loss dropped the Demon Deacons, who were then ranked second nationally, to 20-3 over all, 9-3 in the A.C.C., and out of first place in the conference for the first time this season.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/18/sports/errors-cast-a-cloud-over-acc-referees.html

The CP3 play was also two steps. The poster pointing out above that the hesitation makes it appear CMM took three steps is right. He hesitated with his dribble at the top of the key. He could still have dribbled from that point. He took two steps once he essentially forfeited his dribble right after that. I've never seen a bunch of fans bend over backwards more to show that our own player broke the rule when he won the game.

Back