• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last Play To Codi

Slow-motion around the 2:05 mark. The key here is when you start counting steps. I don't think steps count until the player has forfeited his right to dribble the ball again. Someone with more reffing expertise can correct me if I'm wrong there. If you watch the replay his hand is still on the side of the ball (meaning he could have taken another dribble at that point) as he completes that first step (right behind the FT line) and then he takes two (big) steps on the way to the basket. It's not some egregious call like State fans are making it out to be. It's a lot more nuanced than that.

Fuck State.

It was pretty egregious. Having your hand on the side of the ball has absolutely nothing to do with whether it is a walk or not. You only get two steps from from the time the ball last hits the floor. He took 3 huge strides from the last point the ball hit the floor. Thus it was a pretty clear walk.

So every euro step is a walk. Wrangor? I'll dig up some Ginobli highlights later today. I really don't see that play as very egregious. He takes two steps after he collects the ball, and until that point he could have continued dribbling.

He stopped dribbling outside of the free throw line. Yeah, that's a walk.

But it rarely gets called.

Childress was joking with CMM right after the game about traveling.

Warren scored on a similar move earlier in the game with no call, so it was a wash.

I was going to say the same thing (about Warren doing the same exact thing earlier and getting an and one out of it with no travel call).

5 steps!!!1 We should've lost because Bz sucks so bad!!! Forfeit the game!!!

Cue the NBA jokes but that is 100% not a walk (by rule) in the NBA. The college rulebook is silent in defining when a player's dribble ends. Does the concept of gathering the ball exist in NCAA?

It was a nicely designed play. It was horribly defended. And yeah, it was a walk, but how often is walking called in the last few seconds of a game?

This play is called "Sprint" and has been used at Wake since Skip. Coach Battle draws up and teaches this play every year. This was not drawn up in the timeout by Buzz. It's been in the playbook for years.

Cue the NBA jokes but that is 100% not a walk (by rule) in the NBA. The college rulebook is silent in defining when a player's dribble ends. Does the concept of gathering the ball exist in NCAA?

Sike, the NCAA rulebook says that a dribble ends when the player "catches or carries/palms the ball by allowing it to come to rest in one or both hands."

This doesn't occur until his foot is on the floor right behind the FT line. At that point, you get your normal two steps. Boom, not a travel.

Give and go, big deal...Call it Miami Split or Split or whatever

Codi did a Euro step and then a extra step at the end.

Slow-motion around the 2:05 mark. The key here is when you start counting steps. I don't think steps count until the player has forfeited his right to dribble the ball again. Someone with more reffing expertise can correct me if I'm wrong there. If you watch the replay his hand is still on the side of the ball (meaning he could have taken another dribble at that point) as he completes that first step (right behind the FT line) and then he takes two (big) steps on the way to the basket. It's not some egregious call like State fans are making it out to be. It's a lot more nuanced than that.

Fuck State.

Fuck 'em. Whiny bitches.

Yeah, technically it's a walk I think, but I guarantee if we went through any college basketball game you'd find that not called at least 5-6 times a game

Back