• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last Play To Codi

I'm guilty, too. But I'm also really trying to avoid being productive at work today.

Same here

Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

Being in contact with the ball is more about carrying rules than traveling, I believe. And he definitely didn't carry the ball.

Okay, so those screen shots don't show the motion of CMM getting his hand under/on the side of the ball and crossing it across his body toward his other hand. This is happening while he his left foot is still very much on the floor. I consider that to be the end of the dribble, the same as "palming" or "carrying" the ball. Once he changes the course/direction of the ball across his body with his hand under/on the side of the ball he can not dribble again. If he had then it would be a "carry." But he doesn't. The catching or holding of the ball doesn't happen when the other hand comes in, it happens when he redirects the ball toward his body. When the right foot comes down in step it establishes the left foot as the pivot. Therefore that foot can't come back down before releasing the ball. It clearly does. That's a travel. There is no "gathering" rule like in the NBA.

P.S. bmoney, one more reply back and forth and I think I can leave work and without doing anything productive after lunch. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Was there any mention of the "controversy" in the Winston, Charlotte or Raleigh papers?

Last thing and I promise I'll quit. Turd, does this guy travel on the move starting at :26?

It's pretty clearly 3-4 steps total, but only 2 steps after he stops dribbling the ball, i.e. when he grabs it with two hands.

I can't let this go either.

Dwayne Wade travels every time he touches the ball. Bad example B-Money.

What's next D-Wade's Greatest Flops, the mix tape?

Dwayne Wade travels every time he touches the ball. Bad example B-Money.

What's next D-Wade's Greatest Flops, the mix tape?

lol, the video isn't of DWade. Just some dude imitating the Euro Step.

Of course I didn't watch it BMoney. Have you read the rest of this thread?

No need to develop a new opinion of a player/team/play when I already have one!

Last thing and I promise I'll quit. Turd, does this guy travel on the move starting at :26?

So I would say except in the nba yes. That is the same as a carry or whatever you want to call it. You can be moving while dribbling but carrying is not legal dribbling so the dribbling has stopped and the pivot foot established. That's my interpretation anyway. Without the gathering exception you are either legally dribbling or not. I think it's interesting that at the end against the defender he doesn't travel because he doesn't palm/carry the ball across his body and change direction. There he keeps legally dribbling until grasping the ball on his pivot foot...I agree the nba has a different rule about this but in college I think it's traveling.

Bmoney has spent 20 years watching Kobe. Of course he doesn't think that's a travel.

Did he travel when he first grabbed the ball? He grabbed the ball right as a defender reached for it and lifted the ball up and over him before he dribbled. I think he got the ball down quick but I winced when it happened.

Back