• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Least funny long-running sitcom

In the last 30 years, what was the least funny, long-running sitcom?

• Home Improvement

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Will and Grace

• Family Matters

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Mad About You

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • According to Jim

Votes: 56 45.2%
  • other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a fine list to choose from, I think the following deserve consideration as well:

The Facts of Life
Perfect Strangers
Charles in Charge
Webster

I think these all lasted 6 seasons.

Perfect Strangers would have my vote, easily. Absent that, I'll go for whatever has Paul Reiser.

This post is just awful. Charles In Charge was a fantastic show, and Perfect Strangers was also pretty good. Facts of Life and Webster were both watchable.

The correct answer to this poll is Designing Women. My mom used to watch that crap and it was horrendous. Everybody Loves Raymond is a close second, and Roseanne also sucked. Who cares about a family of fat bastards?

I just never liked Frasier. Probs because I don't give a shit about a bunch of old white dudes in Seattle speaking in faux-aristocrat accents.

I used to think it was a groundbreaking show about gay couple.

Seriously, HI is the best show on that damned list.

One of the best comedies of the 90s. Aside from the 80s sitcoms that lasted into the 90s, it wasn't a great decade for sitcoms.

Friends is the ultimate answer to this list. The fact that people watched for the Ross vs. Rachel stuff is evidence of how unfunny it was.

Last edited:
Countless times I have watched Family Matters, Fresh Prince or Step by Step, then immediately turned the channel when the first note of the Rosanne theme music came on.

based off this list, its According to Jim by far. i'm starting to hate TBS for how much they play it. most sitcoms will get at least an occasional laugh out of me, i don't think i have ever watched while watching According to Jim. i also had no idea how long it was one until one day i saw it and the 2 girls were teenagers and they all of a sudden had another baby or something.

terrible show

One of the best comedies of the 90s. Aside from the 80s sitcoms that lasted into the 90s, it wasn't a great decade for sitcoms.

Maybe it's just my age, but '90s > '00s > '80s

Frasier, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond (which does count as '90s in my book), Roseanne (it's bloody hilarious until she completely lost her mind), and, yes, even Friends.

Out of the '00s, only Arrested Development and Will & Grace really stand out to me.

And Frasier is the best damn show that has ever existed. I didn't like it at first, but once I gave it an honest chance I became addicted.

Not sure how 90s > 00s. Pretty much all the good sitcoms on now count as 00s. The 00s made a huge leap in the genre whereas the 90s were basically just 80s sitcoms.

Last edited:
Not sure how 90s > 00s. Pretty much all the good sitcoms on now count as 00s.

The sitcoms on right now that I think are truly good (ie: in the future I will watch re-runs of them):
Modern Family
Parks and Rec
30 Rock

Modern Family started in 2010, and Parks and Rec wasn't any good until 2010. So that adds 30 Rock.

Community is good, but it's inconsistent and probably won't be long lasting. Big Bang Theory is also inconsistent but it's at least a candidate for greatness.

And, as it turns out, Will & Grace premiered in 1998 so that makes it '90s too.

The '00s also produced more long-running shows that were just utter horseshit than the '90s did: According to Jim, George Lopez Show, House of Payne, and Hope & Faith come to mind.

Last edited:
Back