• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Legally Smoke Kills a Stoner

I'm glad you resurrected this thread. I was just coming here to post how it looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight the past three weeks.

seriously?

Ward was a fool to be that low on the track. Stewart, whom I hate, was drafting the car in front of him that "saw Ward at the last minute" and was able to get low. Stewart may have seen him at the last minute and tried to get low, causing the back end to slide, or maybe just taking the turn normally, which would still make the back end slide. to those that think he was trying to scare the kid...i need evidence! also, prove that the "engine revving" was Stewart's, for all practical purposes it could have been any car on the track.

burden of proof is proving guilt, not his innocence.

Last edited:
seriously?

Ward was a fool to be that low on the track. Stewart, whom I hate, was drafting the car in front of him that "saw Ward at the last minute" and was able to get low. Stewart may have seen him at the last minute and tried to get low, causing the back end to slide, or maybe just taking the turn normally, which would still make the back end slide. to those that think he was trying to scare the kid...i need evidence! also, prove that the "engine revving" was Stewart's, for all practical purposes it could have been any car on the track.

Guilty

seriously?

How could you hate a guy who drives in circles for a living?

How could you hate a guy who drives in circles for a living?

Because he makes millions to "drive around in circles"! Really, I hate everything NASCAR...like watching golf. Good for background while taking a nap.

The "business as usual" comment, plus the revving of the egine continues to trouble me. But I doubt anything comes of it, and that may be the right result. Kid should have never been that deep down the track. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The "business as usual" comment, plus the revving of the egine continues to trouble me. But I doubt anything comes of it, and that may be the right result. Kid should have never been that deep down the track. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Why does someone else saying "business as usual" trouble you?

Official statement from the DA:

September 16th, 2104

Over the past several weeks I have reviewed with members of the Ontario County Sheriff’s Department their investigation, as it progressed, in the Tony Stewart matter. Recently that office concluded its work and forwarded the complete case file to me. Upon my review of all of the information contained in the entire investigation, I have made the determination that it would be appropriate to submit the evidence to a grand jury, for their determination as to what action should be taken in this matter. Accordingly, the evidence developed in the investigation will be presented to an Ontario County grand jury in the near future.

As grand jury proceedings in New York State are strictly confidential by law, I am unable to state when the matter will be scheduled, other than to state that I intend to present the matter in the near future. Similarly, because of the confidential nature of these proceedings, I cannot state who will be called as witnesses, or what any witness’s expected testimony will be. When the presentation has been completed and a determination has been made, I will advise the public and the media at that time of the results.

Michael Tantillo

Ontario County District Attorney

Well, color me surprised. I would love to know what is included in the case file that would lead to an indictment, and what the charge would be. I wonder if the DA is just convening the grand jury to say he did something, or if he thinks the evidence is worth taking to trial.

Honestly, my guess is he's taking it to the grand jury just to cover his ass. The public outcry almost requires it. If they find no reason to take it to trial, itll be the final vindication he needs to move on.

Honestly, my guess is he's taking it to the grand jury just to cover his ass. The public outcry almost requires it. If they find no reason to take it to trial, itll be the final vindication he needs to move on.

The amount of publicity this has received along with the understandable anger from Ward's family over what happened almost requires the DA to do this, just to say he did everything he could.

Back