• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lengthy [Redacted] Interview with Gold Rush

Wellman in June - "Many well known and accomplished coaches were very interested in becoming our head coach." Yet he chose Buzz? Is it a "culture" problem (the AD is a liar) or is it incompetence?

"A bunch of totally hot chicks from other schools wanted to go to the prom with me, but I took my mom."

Are you high? Not only have you failed to make a single coherent argument on this entire thread, but you've displayed an utter lack of comprehension of concepts that someone with even the most rudimentary intelligence should be able to grasp.

Mourn the SAT requirement, Wake alumni. To build on that possibly unfamiliar concept for you, Doofus, if I make an 1100 on the SAT, study my ass off and take it again and get a 1000, then I have not made "great strides." Progress begets results. From the outside looking in, disciplinary results appeared worse at the end of the year than at the beginning. I don't have a problem with him suspending players at the end of the year, I have a problem with the fact that this year-long cultural focus was so ineffective that at the end of the year, players were still acting poorly enough to be suspended.

Since this has been a recurring theme for you over the course of the thread, I'll try to spell it out.

RESULTS MATTER. Talking about what you did doesn't matter. Saying you made great strides doesn't matter. Taking ineffectual action doesn't matter. All that matters is the freaking results.

I think that is fair. The losses are one thing, the fact that many of them were blowouts is another.

That said, and I think the culture argument is a little overplayed, but there is definitely something to the need for culture change. Also, the youth and lack of depth hurt. I am still waiting to decide on [Redacted], but he is going to have to really impress over the next two years for me to stick with him.

On a side note, I understand tough love and all, but he could at least say "Melvin's got to do what we ask to get himself back on the team, but I believe he can do it" or something similarly optimistic. I am sure the kid gets tired of reading the comments [Redacted] makes about him.

I am very excited about the recruits we picked up. If we can somehow land Lekan I think we can be competitive next year (6-10 in the ACC or so)

I was very excited about the recruits we got last year. Unfortunately, we failed to get them a coach. And now this year we have once again failed in that regard.

Last edited:
"Third of all, we're going to do some things from a team-bonding standpoint with a military aspect that will grow this team together and challenge this team to be mentally and physically tougher, discipline experiences that will challenge this team to grow through adversity."

What does this mean, to exactly?

Perhaps that means he deliberately shot last year in the foot as part of some sick effort to "challenge this team to grow through adversity." :confused:

We won the same amount of postseason games this year as we did when we had Teague, Johnson, and Aminu on the floor together.

I'd give the season an F all around - to the coaches, to Wellman, to the fans, to the players not named McKie...

But whatever, everyone with any basketball sense knew we'd suck this year. [Redacted] thinks it's worth giving Nikita minutes when he's shooting backward spinning reverse layups and fouling every 32 seconds? Oh well.

The bar is still tournament bound in year 3. He can send our team out and have them do pushups while the opposing team does layup drills for all I care. Year 3, tournament, clear upward trajectory, back to Wake Forest basketball standards.

If we're not there, fire him and give all that talent to another coach. You gotta assume by that point at least we'll have some talented, experienced players and we'd look pretty inviting to prospective coaches.

By then our "talent" will be a shell of it's original potential. If you're willing to let him waste three years of those players careers, you're not a Buzzwaiter, you're Buzzin.

Will we ever concede that Bz is our coach and pull for his success? NO!
Or, will some of us hope for another miserable season in order to argue more loudly for his removal? It's not a matter of "hoping". Buzz coaching = no hope
It is really difficult to pull for Wake to succeed while also pulling for Bz to fail.
I will pull for Wake, but it won't matter because Buzz will fail. We are headed down a long road to a destination called mediocrity. If I knew Buzz was going to be our new coach, I would have FOUGHT to keep Dino - culture problems and all.

Are you kidding? In hindsight, Dino never should have been coach, because the prized class we tried so hard to keep by promoting him did exactly fuck-all for the program.

Oh wait, I forgot, we hit #1 for a week and won a couple big regular season games. Yeah that was worth it.

Ah, hindsight. Every fan's top source for wisdom.

I was at both the UNC and Duke games a couple of years ago. Shared that with one of my sons. Yeah, that WAS worth it!

Contrast that with this year (that same son's last year at home) where we could not bear to even watch the games on TV. No bonding around Wake basketball this year. Wellman can take his fake culture argument and stick it... BuzzOut, till he's gone.

Gold Rush: Coming into the season, you could look at the roster and know the team is inexperienced. You knew it could be an uphill battle in front of you. In terms of on-court developments, what did you expect to see?
[Redacted]: To gain a knowledge of playing winning basketball[.]...

That's funny, if you think about it. Was he referring to the players or the coach that is 0-4 in producing winning seasons in a BCS Conference?

I love these types of comments that reflect on our season as if [Redacted] was out there bricking 3 pointers.

It was his first year, and it was a known rebuilding year. He was dealt a team so short on talent that they couldn't beat Stetson early in the year when they were just running basic sets. Nobody would get fired in that situation.

The problem with your argument is that rebuilding implies growth and improvement. We saw neither - we only were told about all of the growth and improvement going on behind the scenes that never managed to manifest itself on the court.

The emperor has no clothes.

The problem with your argument is that rebuilding implies growth and improvement. We saw neither - we only were told about all of the growth and improvement going on behind the scenes that never managed to manifest itself on the court.

The emperor has no clothes.

Exactly zero of [Redacted]'s recruits have made it on campus yet. While I agree we didn't see much development last year, there certainly was some, and it's ridiculous to ask a guy to rebuild a program and then judge him in totality after his first year with another guy's recruits.

I'll be right there on the BzOut train if we suck at the end of year 3.

Back