• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letterman retiring sometime next year

I believe it's in Ferguson's contract, which is a shame because his current show blows everyone else out of the water and will likely end-up getting watered down for the old-fogies who watch Letterman these days (I mean I assume that's who watches it?).

Some folks are pushing Neil Patrick Harris, which wouldn't be too bad.

Also, Jason Bateman would be interesting.

Neither have a chance though.

The current rumor is that Colbert is the favorite to take over, and he'd drop his character to do it.

If I were CBS, this is where I would invest my $Texas.

That would make me sad, because that would mean the end of the Colbert Report.

I wonder what Comedy Central would do in the 11:30 block. Can't see another Daily Show correspondent carrying a half hour that is different enough from the Daily Show to warrant it.

The "Stephen Colbert" persona is one of the all time greats. Would be sad to see it retired.

I think Comedy Central has some good options for 11:30.

Give it to Samantha Bee and Jason Jones to do whatever they want with it.

I think Kristen Schaal needs a chance to break out.

Give Tosh a bump and broaden his topical range.

Bring in W. Kamau Bell and give him another shot with a bigger budget and better writing team.

Split it as four weekly shows for four different comedians under the same title.

Give Stewart an hour and add more guest comedians to the show with longer interviews.

That would make me sad, because that would mean the end of the Colbert Report.

I wonder what Comedy Central would do in the 11:30 block. Can't see another Daily Show correspondent carrying a half hour that is different enough from the Daily Show to warrant it.

Bring John Oliver back.

Colbert without the schtick would bomb worst than Conan

I don't think he'd be that good. I'm concerned Colbert without the schtick wouldn't be good at all and Conan is great.

Obviously this would never happen, but if Charles Barkley hosted a late night talk show, I would totally tune in to watch that.

Back