• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letterman retiring sometime next year

The John Stewart coaching tree is very strong.

Damn. I love the Colbert Report so I'm bummed about this because I assume he'll be dropping his character.

The John Stewart coaching tree is very strong.

And oddly enough, the two best corespondents are still there, Sam Bee and Jason Jones.

Aasif Mandvi is right up there as well.

Damn. I love the Colbert Report so I'm bummed about this because I assume he'll be dropping his character.

I would assume that he's dropping character too. It's one thing to cater to a cable audience and another to a wider audience.

And oddly enough, the two best corespondents are still there, Sam Bee and Jason Jones.

Lol, wut? I like Bee and Jones ok, but they are not the greatest correspondents of all time. Probably not even top 5.

I would assume that he's dropping character too. It's one thing to cater to a cable audience and another to a wider audience.

He has been toning down the character a lot over the last year or two. Colbert will have huge mass appeal. This was an awesome hire.

I've wondered, because they're married and have kids, if one were to leave the show if they'd try and make it a package deal of some kind.

Lol, wut? I like Bee and Jones ok, but they are not the greatest correspondents of all time. Probably not even top 5.

I'll accept arguments about Jones, but Bee is definitely the number 1.

Carrell -- A/B list Hollywood star
Colbert -- taking over for Letterman
Oliver -- HBO show
Helms -- The Office/The Hangover, etc
Walsh -- star on Veep
Riggle -- various roles in movies
Rocca -- all over The Food Network

I'll accept arguments about Jones, but Bee is definitely the number 1.

No. Colbert basically wrote the book on being a correspondent. Oliver was better. I like Mo Rocca, but I recognize that's not widely accepted. At that point we could start talking about Bee with Carrell, Cenac, etc.

Carrell -- A/B list Hollywood star
Colbert -- taking over for Letterman
Oliver -- HBO show
Helms -- The Office/The Hangover, etc
Walsh -- star on Veep
Riggle -- various roles in movies
Rocca -- all over The Food Network

Add Olivia Munn to the list.

Back