• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letterman retiring sometime next year

Bee and Jones do schtick just like Colbert.

Bee and Jones do schtick just like Colbert.

Colbert is better than schtick. I like Bee and jones ok, but it seems like Colbert's rising star has been forgotten. I've never heard them articulate the motivation for their schtick. Colbert can tell you who is character is and why he does it like he does. He had a handle on that early on with TDS. Watch Colbert interview someone he admires. The character cracks, and he's really endearing. Musicians are great examples. Rewatch the Pussy Riot interview. I just don't see Bee/Jones pulling that off. FWIW, I don't see Willmore doing that either.

I also think the decision has more to do with the writer's room than we'll know. Willmore probably writes a lot.

Colbert is better than schtick. I like Bee and jones ok, but it seems like Colbert's rising star has been forgotten. I've never heard them articulate the motivation for their schtick. Colbert can tell you who is character is and why he does it like he does. He had a handle on that early on with TDS. Watch Colbert interview someone he admires. The character cracks, and he's really endearing. Musicians are great examples. Rewatch the Pussy Riot interview. I just don't see Bee/Jones pulling that off. FWIW, I don't see Willmore doing that either.

Yeah. That's because Colbert right now is the gold standard. That's why he's replacing Letterman. No shame in not being as good as him.

He's got a surprisingly huge resume. I'm pretty excited for this.

Definitely. Didn't he have a pretty big role in a few seasons of The Office? I think he wrote for the PJs and the Bernie Mac Show too.

And a lot of In Living Color sketches. I'd be interested to see which ones, particularly which recurring ones.

Back