• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letterman retiring sometime next year

Sudeikis also dated January Jones. Man is a cad.

ETA: the kid that jones had looks just like Sudeikis. That son of a bitch got Wilde and Jones.

And, he has one degree of separation from DF07.

So is his real name pronounced "Cole-burt" or something close to it? "Cole-bare" is just the name of the guy in his shtick?

Colbert is not funny. At all. Poor man's Jon Stewart. They should have offered to Stewart, but he's to much of a commie lib.

Either way, Colbert is going to run a distant third behind Fallon and Kimmell.

He's such a commie that Stewart makes $15M/year and is worth a reported $80M. He might have to take a pay cut and give up long-term revenue to take the Letterman job.

"Colbert sometimes comedically claims his surname is French, but his mother's ancestry was Irish, and his father's ancestry was mostly Irish, with some German and English.[6][24][25] Originally, the name was pronounced /ˈkoʊlbərt/ in English; Stephen Colbert's father, James, wanted to pronounce the name /koʊlˈbɛər/, but maintained the /ˈkoʊlbərt/ pronunciation out of respect for his own father. He offered his children the option to pronounce the name whichever way they preferred.[16] Stephen started using /koʊlˈbɛər/ later in life when he transferred to Northwestern University, taking advantage of the opportunity to reinvent himself in a new place where no one knew him.[6] Stephen's brother Ed, an intellectual property attorney, retained /ˈkoʊlbərt/; this was shown in a February 12, 2009, appearance on The Colbert Report, when his youngest brother asked him, "/ˈkoʊlbərt/ or /koʊlˈbɛər/?" Ed responded "/ˈkoʊlbərt/", to which Stephen jokingly replied, "See you in Hell""

And the word "report" is actually pronounced with a hard "t."

And the word "report" is actually pronounced with a hard "t."

the-more-you-know-o.gif

Larry Wilmore to host "The Minority Report" at 11:30 after Colbert is done at the end of 2014.
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/larry-wilmore-will-replace-colbert-after-the-daily-show-in-2015

Late Friday (May 9) afternoon, Comedy Central announced that Larry Wilmore has landed the coveted post-"Daily Show" time slot starting in January 2015.
With tongue-in-cheek very pointedly, Comedy Central promises that "The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore" will be "a comedic look at news, current events and pop culture from unique perspectives not typically on display in late night television." Underlining that point, Comedy Central teases that the show will "feature a diverse panel of voices currently underrepresented in comedy and television."
Long the "Senior Black Correspondent" on "The Daily Show," Wilmore won an Emmy for his work on "The Bernie Mac Show," which he co-created. He also co-created "The PJs" and has written for "In Living Color," "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and more. He's also the executive producer and showrunner on ABC's newly ordered "Black-ish."
As an actor, his credits include "Dinner with Schmucks," "Happy Endings" and "The Office."
"The Minority Report" was created by Jon Stewart, who will executive produce along with Wilmore.
------------

Wilmore is good, but he's behind other Daily Show regulars I'd like to see get the bump. I hope this is Comedy Central doing something like W. Kamau Bell's show but with a bigger budget and better writers.

Last edited:
Larry Wilmore to host "The Minority Report" at 11:30 after Colbert is done at the end of 2014.
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/larry-wilmore-will-replace-colbert-after-the-daily-show-in-2015

Late Friday (May 9) afternoon, Comedy Central announced that Larry Wilmore has landed the coveted post-"Daily Show" time slot starting in January 2015.
With tongue-in-cheek very pointedly, Comedy Central promises that "The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore" will be "a comedic look at news, current events and pop culture from unique perspectives not typically on display in late night television." Underlining that point, Comedy Central teases that the show will "feature a diverse panel of voices currently underrepresented in comedy and television."
Long the "Senior Black Correspondent" on "The Daily Show," Wilmore won an Emmy for his work on "The Bernie Mac Show," which he co-created. He also co-created "The PJs" and has written for "In Living Color," "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and more. He's also the executive producer and showrunner on ABC's newly ordered "Black-ish."
As an actor, his credits include "Dinner with Schmucks," "Happy Endings" and "The Office."
"The Minority Report" was created by Jon Stewart, who will executive produce along with Wilmore.
------------

Wilmore is good, but he's behind other Daily Show regulars I'd like to see get the bump. I hope this is Comedy Central doing something like W. Kamau Bell's show but with a bigger budget and better writers.

Who would you rather see host? For me it would just be Oliver, and he probably turned it down.

Who would you rather see host? For me it would just be Oliver, and he probably turned it down.

It seems like a UNC basketball coaching search, with some self imposed restriction to "keep it in the family." I like Wilmore, a lot, but at this moment, I'm skeptical he's a good candidate to host. I'd even prefer to see Bell given this shot. Out of the remaining correspondents, only Mandvi strikes me as host-worthy, but I suspect he's going to focus on Hollywood.

Oliver would've been perfect and no doubt would've gotten the gig if this announcement was made earlier

It seems like a UNC basketball coaching search, with some self imposed restriction to "keep it in the family." I like Wilmore, a lot, but at this moment, I'm skeptical he's a good candidate to host. I'd even prefer to see Bell given this shot. Out of the remaining correspondents, only Mandvi strikes me as host-worthy, but I suspect he's going to focus on Hollywood.

Hodgeman would have been interesting, but probably too far out there. I don't necessarily expect this to work, and I like Willmore a lot. Best solution for the long term would be to stretch out TDS to one hour, but that would be risky.

Mandvi, Bee/Jones, and Schaal would great choices.

Mandvi, Bee/Jones, and Schaal would great choices.

Bee/Jones would not make great hosts IMO. They don't quite have the sincerity it takes to pull off good interviews. I don't see Schaal or Mandvi not feeling stuck behind the desk. Schaal is probably the funniest of that bunch to me, but I don't think she has enough mainstream appeal. Just my $.02

Back