• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberty @ WF - Saturday 9/17 5 pm - ACCN

Remember that Cam tweeted that Sam should be pulled for Mitch when you partake in his analysis
I like his passion for our Defense (I assume he is tight with those guys) but Cam has terrible takes on our Offense

Sam is the best QB we have ever had

Weird that in a game where we score 37 and give up 36 that I come away thinking our d played amazing and our o was pretty awful
All the quick scores last year that caused us to allow opponent scores on D, were quick 3- and-outs that that also turned into quick opponent scores.

That's the big difference.

D played great today relative to last year.

It surprises me there are not more #10 jerseys in our stands, I haven’t been in a Deacon Shop in awhile but are we not marketing him enough?

The offensive line definitely had a tough game, however, this isn't the first game where they've been flagged for some silly holding penalties. They've seemed a bit sloppier than I was expecting them to be this season given the level of experience.

I don't think we could have played worse in some situations but still managed for a W. Every team looks like dogshit at least 1-2 times / year. And if there was ever a definition of a trap game, this was it.

Btw, Hugh Freeze is a hell of a coach. I guess once he's been in exile long enough, he will get another big-time gig with someone. He's just too good of a coach sans the baggage that ran him out of Ole Miss.

Clawson out-prepared by Freeze. Liberty doesn't have their star QB from last year and the starter this year is out 5 games. They have usedv2 starters and we are lost
Salter was the highest rated guy on the field tonight. He was 4* Tennessee transfer

Bright spots:
Jahmal Banks
Malik Mustapha

Not bright spots: Everything else

That's was one of the craziest plays I've ever seen in sports. Don't think that outcome happens 99/100 times
Also...LB was crazy tentative defending Salter. Need to contain but close gap. This isn't face guarding beyond the 3pt line

Can anyone watching on TV explain the out of bounds catch for AT?

Looked like he was inbounds, but had stepped out and come back in. They missed the intelligible receiver call and made up with the oob.
AT stepped out of bounds and was the first to touch the ball when he came back in bounds.

I certainly don’t think we should pull Sam going forward, but I was worried that maybe we should at some point in this game. As we’ve learned, when Sam loses his mojo and starts forcing things, he can really lose it. I’m glad we avoided that, but I don’t think Cam was crazy to put that out there. And I agree Sam is phenomenal. But when he goes off track, he can really go off track.

Back