• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Light Beer Blind Taste Test

I will go PBR 1, followed by Coors Light coming in a close second. I also think that Natti and Keystone are not bad options besides the fact you look like poor peasant trash drinking them.

Yuengling Light is the best answer but you can't buy it in tejas.

yeah, no Yuengling in Oregon is sad for my day drinking endeavors.
If I have to go light beer I'm probably going to by Miller or Coors, maybe PBR.

My go to beer this summer has been Eventide Kolsh. They have 150+ cals as well despite being light(ish) but they are deeelish. I can really only drink 2-3 beers at a time, tho.

I did have a FFL draft weekend recently where I killed like a million Coors lights from like 11AM to 11PM, I never really felt drunk, just kinda gross.

I will go PBR 1, followed by Coors Light coming in a close second. I also think that Natti and Keystone are not bad options besides the fact you look like poor peasant trash drinking them.

Yuengling Light is the best answer but you can't buy it in tejas.

I'm surprised by this. I thought for certain that Yuengling had nationwide distribution. Went to their website and found that they only distribute to about 20 states with the farthest West state being Mississippi. Weird.

I will never understand the fascination with Yuengling. I find it to be unspeakably bad.

I don't drink much macro light beer anymore. If I'm going non-craft, I go straight for the Banquet beer.

Yeah I never buy just light beer. Before I got on the micro-Kolsh kick this summer, my go to shitty beer was high life in a bottle.

Lone Star, noobs. Enjoying a cold one right now. Do they even distribute outside of Texas?

Lone Star, noobs. Enjoying a cold one right now. Do they even distribute outside of Texas?

I used to see Lone Star around SC, but its been years since I last saw it. Miller Lite for me on the lite beer list.

I have been drinking Sierra's Otra Vez on days after cutting the lawn when its 110F. Very refreshing at 140 calories but can really only drink 1-2 before the tartness gets to you.

My go to beer this summer has been Eventide Kolsh. They have 150+ cals as well despite being light(ish) but they are deeelish. I can really only drink 2-3 beers at a time, tho.

I did have a FFL draft weekend recently where I killed like a million Coors lights from like 11AM to 11PM, I never really felt drunk, just kinda gross.

Yer doin it wrong if you're not drinking Creature Comforts since I think they reach ATL. that IPA is great

Yer doin it wrong if you're not drinking Creature Comforts since I think they reach ATL. that IPA is great

This. Wish I could find some Tropicalia in NC.

My ATL hottake is that Creature Comforts is super overrated. Ive had a sixer of Tropicalia in my fridge for a month now that I have had 2 of maybe.

Its an over hoppy IPA and you can only barely taste any citrus, so it sort of fails on both levels for me. The best creature comforts for me is probably their automatic pale ale. If I want a local IPA its going to be sweetwater, and if I want a fruity IPA i think New Belgium's Citridelia is mucho mejor.

I think Eventide and Jekyl are putting out better beers than CC.

I bought one at JFK for like $7 just to see if it tasted different. It didn't.

I've done the same. Have also overpaid for Foothills and other nostalgic choices when traveling.

Brasky and I did have a petty epic Lone Star night at some country western bar in Brooklyn a couple of years ago. We were treated like celebrities for living in Texas.

Shiner Bock is a bit better IMO.

I'm definitely a shiner fan, and I drink quite a bit of both. Choice usually depends on weather and mood and delivery method -- usually do lone star in tall boy, small boy, and bottle, shiner in pitchers.

i've been drinking a lot of these fruitier IPAs this summer; i dig

Yuengling Lager (4.5% alcohol and 128 calories) > Yuengling Light (3.2% alcohol, 99 calories). Make the right pick.

Back