• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

List of Pretentious Shit

Naming your primary residence. I'm not talking about an estate or a vacation home, I'm talking about the charming American craftsman down the street from me now apparently known as "Second Wind".

Naming your primary residence. I'm not talking about an estate or a vacation home, I'm talking about the charming American craftsman down the street from me now apparently known as "Second Wind".

We have a winner.

owner of the home should be referred to as the First Windbag. (Note that this title was prev held by trump, so 2024 elections could cause further modifications.)

Do they have a sign out front or did they just name it on google maps? Every now and they you will see someone has their house labeled something dumb like Bob's Backyard Bar.

is it a part-time B&B/AirBNB? there's a [too] well-kept stone house about a block away that is also named and i wonder if it's a small rental or something

probably one of drew's rentals. Second Wind definitely seems like an ambulance-chaser house name.

100% this. Also, the house that yeah maybe is a bit of a spread, but the entry stone wall/gate thing with the gas lamps would have you thinking the house at the end of the drive would be more impressive than it is.

Correcting/discussing grammar, semantics, or syntax on an online message board.

Winning intellectual internet points is something I aspire to be above and DGAF about, but perhaps I'm just pretending.

I mean someone messing up your and you're.... sure. But once you're talking about past participles on a messageboard (or I suppose anywhere in life), you need to have some self awareness that absolutely no one but english teachers gives a shit.

Last edited:
Back