• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lobo is a poor OC

Here's some more context:

Wake Forest @ Syracuse: 406 yards, 29 points, 1 TO
NC State @ Wake Forest: 438 yards, 34 points, 1 TO
Gardner Webb @ Wake Forest, 454 yards, 48 points, 1 TO
Wake Forest @ BC: 392 yards, 29 points, 1 TO
FSU @ Wake Forest: 391 yards, 35 points, 0 TO
Virginia Tech @ Wake Forest: 320 yards, 17 points, 1 TO
Wake Forest @ Duke: 305 yards, 24 points, 0 TO
Wake Forest @ UNC: 331 yards, 24 points, 5 TO
Notre Dame @ Wake Forest: 297 yards, 17 points, 1 TO
Wake Forest @ Clemson: 317 yards, 28 points, 0 TO
Maryland @ Wake Forest: 504 yards, 31 points, 0 TO
Average: 350 yards, 29 points, 1.5 TO
Average D1A: 340 yards, 27 points, 1.5 TO

Worth noting the turnover stat. Our guys have done an exceptional job of taking care of the ball, which helps Lobo's numbers in a big way (ETA: of course Lobo's calls help in that regard, but they have also hurt a couple of times). Also note the complete nosedive after FSU.

Last edited:
He's the best we have ever had.

I trust you're talking about Bud being the best Bud we've ever had.

I don't ride the anti-Lobo train, but I would never mistake him for the best offensive coordinator we have ever had. He's not the best offensive coordinator we've had even during Grobe's tenure, much less the best we have ever had.

Then Jim Grobe doesn't know very much about football. Lobo does exactly what his boss wants.

I expect that is exactly right.

Someone, by the way, deserves some credit for making some half-time adjustments in this game. That someone pretty much is going to have to be Lobo.

I expect that is exactly right.

Someone, by the way, deserves some credit for making some half-time adjustments in this game. That someone pretty much is going to have to be Lobo.

??

For those concerned that the pitchforks are not out in force for our defensive coordinators may have something to do with the fact that our defense is relatively bereft of talent. You compare potential All-ACC accolades and pro prospects for our D, compared to our O, and the O is head and shoulders ahead.

Our co-DCs have been scrapping together a bad (but somewhat effective) D out of duct tape, string, and spit. Our OC has taken a pretty solid offense and gotten barely passing production out of it.

So if it had been a direct snap to Givens and a dive behind the center, you would have bewn cool with that?

Your entire argument is that it was a great call because it went to Givens. That's asinine.

your entire argument is that a screen is a give up play. Which is asinine. Screens are used all around the country to score TD's and put up big yards. It's all about design and timing. Seems both of those were successful on that play.

Back