• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOBO IS GONE

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
So I've been thinking about it and I haven't seen this posted. I'm happier about having a new OC than a new HC. Lobo......go to hell.

Never to darken the sideliines of BB&T Field again. Hallelujah, thank you Jesus!!

Yes, but so are several good assistant coaches who are now unemployed in part due to JG's fierce loyalty.

Just completely classless. Liking the change or wanting change is one thing. Cussing at him, go to hell comments etc after he's all ready been let go is another. Guy has 3 kids, and is unemployed and is a great guy. If some of you folks are as passionate as you represent on a message board behind a made up name, take a stab at coaching. The money is great, and you all seem to have brilliant football minds.

Just absolutely pointless thread and miserable human beings.

Big S, you are right about this stuff getting out of hand. Many don't know how much time the staff puts into the job and that their ability to feed their families rests in the hands of 18 yr olds. But this year was the end of a very bumpy road. How the staff didn't see that the option offense was a dud is inexcusible. When Army went up, late in the third qtr,I headed for the exits, because I lost faith in the coaches to call the plays that would bring success. Then a miracle occurred. They went back to the offense of '11 vs NCSU and Maryland. Who didn't love the opening drive against Miami. Once Syracuse figured them out at halftime and we didn't adjust, it was as if we went back into a ditch. There were two things that I'd like to ask them. First; What is it that the OL does well? (Do that). Second; Why didn't you throw to the TE more? it would have opened thing up by getting the safety out of the box and making the LBs take honest pass drops. What pushed me over the edge was Grobe critisizing the player right out of the box. "I'm not blaming the players but..." we couldn't block, we couldn't tackle, without a hint a blame going to the staff. Bill Parcells famously said "You're as good as your record". Grobe had a .647 winning pct w/Skinner and a .407 winning pct without him.

Just completely classless. Liking the change or wanting change is one thing. Cussing at him, go to hell comments etc after he's all ready been let go is another. Guy has 3 kids, and is unemployed and is a great guy. If some of you folks are as passionate as you represent on a message board behind a made up name, take a stab at coaching. The money is great, and you all seem to have brilliant football minds.

Jesus man, grow a sack. His job performance was GOD AWFUL for many years leading up to Grobe's resignation. Lord only knows how much money he made for literally doing jack shit every year. This joker deserves to be jobless. Taking into consideration the resources he had, talent he wasted, extreme lack of competence at his craft, and apparent disregard for anyone's opinion (until Elrod came along) other than his own; there is no arguing that he deserves to be. Don't cry for his children, the man has a BS in Economics from fucking Air Force and has been coaching at a BCS school for 13 years. He will not be unemployed for long. I will continue to rejoice that he will no longer be trolling our sidelines/coaches booth for as long as I am a Wake Forest fan. If anyone on this board (including you) performed as poorly at their job as he had they would be seeking new employment as well. I never said I hated the man, but I will sure as hell be the first to say he does not deserve my respect, nor my sympathy. I enjoyed the 06-08 successes. But Lobotzke had little to do with that. Strong defenses and extremely talented offensive role players are responsible for those wins. People like you are what is wrong with this country. The "everyone deserves a trophy just for trying" type of people. Steed Lobotzke rode the coattails of a great man and coach for way too long, and got paid handsomely while doing so. So don't try and pull some holier than thou, "you people are mean", "have some compassion" bullshit on the many of us who have the nads to call it like it is.

Last edited:

Lobo took a lot of WFU money for many years and was terrible at what he did. Not just bad. TERRIBLE. He severely hurt the program and the perception of Wake (it's sad that the public perceives schools through sports but they do). Yes, much of that is Grobe's fault for not canning him 5 years ago, but a good part of it is also Lobo's for staying on when he was lethally incompetent.

Jesus man, grow a sack. His job performance was GOD AWFUL for many years leading up to Grobe's resignation. Lord only knows how much money he made for literally doing jack shit every year. This joker deserves to be jobless. Taking into consideration the resources he had, talent he wasted, extreme lack of competence at his craft, and apparent disregard for anyone's opinion (until Elrod came along) other than his own; there is no arguing that he deserves to be. Don't cry for his children, the man has a BS in Economics from fucking Air Force and has been coaching at a BCS school for 13 years. He will not be unemployed for long. I will continue to rejoice that he will no longer be trolling our sidelines/coaches booth for as long as I am a Wake Forest fan. If anyone on this board (including you) performed as poorly at their job as he had they would be seeking new employment as well. I never said I hated the man, but I will sure as hell be the first to say he does not deserve my respect, nor my sympathy. I enjoyed the 06-08 successes. But Lobotzke had little to do with that. Strong defenses and extremely talented offensive role players are responsible for those wins. People like you are what is wrong with this country. The "everyone deserves a trophy just for trying" type of people. Steed Lobotzke rode the coattails of a great man and coach for way too long, and got paid handsomely while doing so. So don't try and pull some holier than thou, "you people are mean", "have some compassion" bullshit on the many of us who have the nads to call it like it is.

Yeah, this. The "you people are meanies" cadre exemplify what's worst about WF fans. Just shut up, sit back, be happy with what you have. That is LOWF thinking. Fuck that. Where the hell else would you see this kind of coddling for a coach who repeatedly consigned us to the pits of abysmal results? What other program would you think tolerates this shit? Go get an Elon or Furman shirt.

While I have been calling for a new OC (and basketball coach) for a long time, you need to move on and let it go. Directing anonymous curses towards a decent man, like an immature 5th grader trying to sound tough, says more about the poster than Lobo, makes our fanbase look no different than others, and doesn't exactly welcome the new coaching staff/families.

Back