• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOBO IS GONE

I always like that Grobe would tell the players to call their parents after games.

I know it sounds like crazy fan speak but I am absolutely convinced that I could call a better offensive game than Lobo. I may not know the exact plays to call but I could absolutely tell you the kind of thing to run in a certain situation and it would normally perform better than our offensive game plan of the last couple years.

Lobo may be a smart dude, but he's incredibly predictable and becomes even more predictable when he "experiments" with things. He has zero understanding of the flow and rhythm of a football game and appears to revert to calling the same 2-3 plays anytime the game gets tight.

Yeah, and I don't think anyone expects you to be unbiased- that's natural. But you do know how well it transferred to football. Statistics can be twisted to support any position but 10+ years of stats across the board do show an unarguable situation. And I don't think we're making a blanket characterization of the entire coaching staff. Just one coach who, as Ph said, created plenty of chances for you to showcase your talent. But I know I speak for a lot of us who have been there for the Deacs for quite some time- we would've traded seeing your work so often for a few less 3-and-outs or 3rd-and-long-run-off-tackle for the 15th time for zero gain.

This thread has run its nefarious course and I'd be happy to see it just fade away.

So SDeacz is from Colorado and played exclusively on fourth down?

So SDeacz is from Colorado and played exclusively on fourth down?

Well, you get 5 downs in Colorado but you're on the right path. SD: absolutely agree and understand your last post and the Grobe quote has always been one of my favorites.

What if LOBO heads to UNC. The 'holes just lost their OC to Arkansas St. We would face them in '15. That would make these boards smoke.

Ha ha ha. Larry the Hat would be better off just calling the offensive plays himself than to hire Lobo.

You play to win the game! :thumbsup:

Just completely classless. Liking the change or wanting change is one thing. Cussing at him, go to hell comments etc after he's all ready been let go is another. Guy has 3 kids, and is unemployed and is a great guy. If some of you folks are as passionate as you represent on a message board behind a made up name, take a stab at coaching. The money is great, and you all seem to have brilliant football minds.

Just absolutely pointless thread and miserable human beings.

Big S, you are right about this stuff getting out of hand. Many don't know how much time the staff puts into the job and that their ability to feed their families rests in the hands of 18 yr olds. But this year was the end of a very bumpy road. How the staff didn't see that the option offense was a dud is inexcusible. When Army went up, late in the third qtr,I headed for the exits, because I lost faith in the coaches to call the plays that would bring success. Then a miracle occurred. They went back to the offense of '11 vs NCSU and Maryland. Who didn't love the opening drive against Miami. Once Syracuse figured them out at halftime and we didn't adjust, it was as if we went back into a ditch. There were two things that I'd like to ask them. First; What is it that the OL does well? (Do that). Second; Why didn't you throw to the TE more? it would have opened thing up by getting the safety out of the box and making the LBs take honest pass drops. What pushed me over the edge was Grobe critisizing the player right out of the box. "I'm not blaming the players but..." we couldn't block, we couldn't tackle, without a hint a blame going to the staff. Bill Parcells famously said "You're as good as your record". Grobe had a .647 winning pct w/Skinner and a .407 winning pct without him.

Lobo himself or fellow unemployed staff members?

bump. just so i can thank sdeacz for his effort and contributions during his time at MSD. i'll try and tone down my chachiness in the future.

What if LOBO is Chad Morris's daddy and Grobe has just been holding him back all these years?

What if LOBO is Chad Morris's daddy and Grobe has just been holding him back all these years?

beard-man-approves.gif

Hey SDeacz, let them know how you played some QB in HS

Hey 919, did you play linebacker around the same time as SDeacz? I think you are boys with one of my boys if you are who I think you are.

piss on lobo.... Win baby, WIN.... It will bring us all together in a unity of black and gold!!!! Go DEACS.. SDeacz grow a set son, Ice up....

Back