• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOBO IS GONE

Jesus man, grow a sack. His job performance was GOD AWFUL for many years leading up to Grobe's resignation. Lord only knows how much money he made for literally doing jack shit every year. This joker deserves to be jobless. Taking into consideration the resources he had, talent he wasted, extreme lack of competence at his craft, and apparent disregard for anyone's opinion (until Elrod came along) other than his own; there is no arguing that he deserves to be. Don't cry for his children, the man has a BS in Economics from fucking Air Force and has been coaching at a BCS school for 13 years. He will not be unemployed for long. I will continue to rejoice that he will no longer be trolling our sidelines/coaches booth for as long as I am a Wake Forest fan. If anyone on this board (including you) performed as poorly at their job as he had they would be seeking new employment as well. I never said I hated the man, but I will sure as hell be the first to say he does not deserve my respect, nor my sympathy. I enjoyed the 06-08 successes. But Lobotzke had little to do with that. Strong defenses and extremely talented offensive role players are responsible for those wins. People like you are what is wrong with this country. The "everyone deserves a trophy just for trying" type of people. Steed Lobotzke rode the coattails of a great man and coach for way too long, and got paid handsomely while doing so. So don't try and pull some holier than thou, "you people are mean", "have some compassion" bullshit on the many of us who have the nads to call it like it is.

Poor analogy. The better one would be comparing you to the kid who spit on his palm when it was time to shake hands after the game.

The pissing contest between the "FUCK YOU! GOOD RIDDANCE" crew and the "Stay Classy" crew is going to be epic when [Redacted] is canned.

The pissing contest between the "FUCK YOU! GOOD RIDDANCE" crew and the "Stay Classy" crew is going to be epic when [Redacted] is canned at the end of the season.

FIFY. Can't wait for it to happen!:thumbsup:

Lobo is now gone.
Lay off, you look like an ass.
You won, stay classy.

Wasn't there a rule when this board was started not to be a douche? This thread is just oozing douche. Lobo isn't the OC any more and pretty much all of us are happy about it. Beyond that, let it the fuck go and don't act like a fucking mutant.

Yeah, let it go. And to make that point, I'm going to post my useless $.02 and continue the shit.

This thread is low rent. Come on, be better than this.

Lobo is now gone.
Lay off, you look like an ass.
You won, stay classy.

I'd say everyone looks like an ass here.

OP looks like an ass for telling someone to go to hell because he sucked at his job.

But, others here also look like an ass for defending someone who sucked at their job and ruined our football team.

And incidentally, I highly doubt Lobotzke reads this board in the first fucking place. Especially now. So no harm, no foul. It's a message board and this is a cathartic thread about a guy who is finally gone. Stop giving a shit.

The pissing contest between the "FUCK YOU! GOOD RIDDANCE" crew and the "Stay Classy" crew is going to be epic when [Redacted] is canned.

Pretty big difference between an OC who helped bring home an ACC Championship with a freshman nobody QB and a head coach that never deserved the job in the first place and still managed to underwhelm our extremely low expectations.

In general the buck stops with the head coach. If Grobe had ordered Lobo to open up the offense or install a different system, be more aggressive with the play-calling, etc - who knows how different the numbers would have been. It doesn't make any sense to send Grobe out with class and respect but then shit all over Lobo as the ultimate scapegoat for the last few years of failure.

The corresponding argument would be starting "Fuck you Rusty" threads after [Redacted] is ousted.

I don't really care one way or the other about Lobo. I wanted him fired since 2005 and am glad he no longer works here, but he seems to be a good enough guy.

Hope he lands on his feet - far away from the Wake Forest program.

Pretty big difference between an OC who helped bring home an ACC Championship with a freshman nobody QB and a head coach that never deserved the job in the first place and still managed to underwhelm our extremely low expectations.

In general the buck stops with the head coach. If Grobe had ordered Lobo to open up the offense or install a different system, be more aggressive with the play-calling, etc - who knows how different the numbers would have been. It doesn't make any sense to send Grobe out with class and respect but then shit all over Lobo as the ultimate scapegoat for the last few years of failure.

The corresponding argument would be starting "Fuck you Rusty" threads after [Redacted] is ousted.

I don't think this has anything to do with a corresponding argument more than the rioting, couch burning, and looting that will take place when [Redacted] is gone. #offthecarts

I don't really care one way or the other about Lobo. I wanted him fired since 2005 and am glad he no longer works here, but he seems to be a good enough guy.

Hope he lands on his feet - far away from the Wake Forest program.

Pretty well sums up how I feel too. Well said.

I thought we were pretty good in 2005 on O once Cory Randolph took over offense. Ben Mauk was the problem. and that definitely wasn't Lobo's decision to start him.

I can promise you, sweetie- what I say on this board, I'd say right to anyone's face. I realize you don't know me but there are quite a few here who do and can attest to that. Fuck Lobo- he is not a Wake alumnus, he's not a student, he's not a life-long fan. He was an employee. That's it. Nothing more. No one here owes him anything beyond his last paycheck which, your list of linemen aside, he statistically did little to earn. Check the NCAA stats for Wake's offensive output under Lobotzke.

I get the idea of whipping a dead horse and tossing dirt on the grave. If you don't like what's being said on the thread, don't open it.

It appears not.

It appears not.

No, it definitely is. He "seems" like a good guy though getting highly paid for poor results may beg the question of ethics or integrity. But he's a family guy and no one can honestly believe he intended to be a failure. But nice guy nonetheless. I don't wish him harm. Just glad he's gone. So yeah, fuck him and farewell.

There really are zero personal attacks on Lobo in this thread. The only thing people are making fun of him for are his abilities as an offensive coordinator, which I think is fair game although I'd prefer to just move on at this point.

No one is attacking him as a person, father, the way he looks, etc.

Seems obvious that Lobo is a good guy, solid o-line coach, and an awful offensive coordinator. And with that, I hope to never have to post about Lobo again.

I can promise you, sweetie- what I say on this board, I'd say right to anyone's face. I realize you don't know me but there are quite a few here who do and can attest to that. Fuck Lobo- he is not a Wake alumnus, he's not a student, he's not a life-long fan. He was an employee. That's it. Nothing more. No one here owes him anything beyond his last paycheck which, your list of linemen aside, he statistically did little to earn. Check the NCAA stats for Wake's offensive output under Lobotzke.

I get the idea of whipping a dead horse and tossing dirt on the grave. If you don't like what's being said on the thread, don't open it.

THIS.

Back