• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOBO IS GONE

Poor analogy. The better one would be comparing you to the kid who spit on his palm when it was time to shake hands after the game.

how is my analogy any worse than whatever the fuck you just said? who spits on their hand when going through the hand shake line? i would choose not to shake certain players hands sometimes if they were being assholes on the playing field. do you even sports bro?

Wasn't there a rule when this board was started not to be a douche? This thread is just oozing douche. Lobo isn't the OC any more and pretty much all of us are happy about it. Beyond that, let it the fuck go and don't act like MOCKSVILLE DEAC.

fify

If SDeacz rolled into Macaroni Grill how quick would zqglass hop under the table to fellate him while offering him free bruschetta?

If SDeacz rolled into Macaroni Grill how quick would zqglass hop under the table to fellate him while offering him free bruschetta?

haha i got a new gig. fuck macaroni grill and the food industry. my new career will remain anonymous to protect my employer from my actions online haha.

Last edited:

haha i got a new gig. fuck macaroni grill and the food industry. my new career will remain anonymous to protect my employer from my actions online haha.

I didn't realize that Olive Garden made you sign an NDA. ;)

I didn't realize that Olive Garden made you sign an NDA. ;)

in all seriousness every employee at macaroni grill had to sign a contract saying they would act responsibly in any situation in which they were representing the company. social media being a big focus. i'm so glad to be out of the restaurant business man, you don't even know. i did leave mac grill on good terms for what it's worth. alot of good people work there and do a really good job, it's a shame the food quality isn't what it used to be though...

Wasn't there a rule when this board was started not to be a douche? This thread is just oozing douche. Lobo isn't the OC any more and pretty much all of us are happy about it. Beyond that, let it the fuck go and don't act like a fucking mutant.

Couldn't agree more.

also i have no idea what the fuck you even mean, and you're an assbag.

You quoted a 94deac post directed at SDeacz that said "I can promise you, sweetie- what I say on this board, I'd say right to anyone's face. I realize you don't know me but there are quite a few here who do and can attest to that. Fuck Lobo- he is not a Wake alumnus, he's not a student, he's not a life-long fan. He was an employee."

Admittedly, I don't really understand the need to make (or quote) that comment, but mine was mostly in jest. Obviously, you couldn't take that given you got your feelings hurt and nep-repped me over it. Even worse when you attached the comment "ass bag level 9000". What is that and how old are you?
Sorry you couldn't take the joke, but perhaps you then shouldn't be posting like you are a badass.

SDeacz was an All-American @ WFU and played in the NFL if you didn't know. The rest I have no idea.

oh, well now i feel like chach. and from my research is he george coghill?

also tobacco road in my confusion i became irritated and irrationally called you an assbag. you are not an assbag, i sincerely apologize. and the "assbag level 9000" was a reference to dragon ball z (a weird japanese martail arts cartoon from the nineties). it's a running joke these days on the interwebs to make DBZ references purely for comedic purposes, i should probably steer clear from doing so on these boards seeing as i'm one of the younger posters.

pos rep in your future to help make amends.

oh, well now i feel like chach. and from my research is he george coghill?

also tobacco road in my confusion i became irritated and irrationally called you an assbag. you are not an assbag, i sincerely apologize. and the "assbag level 9000" was a reference to dragon ball z (a weird japanese martail arts cartoon from the nineties). it's a running joke these days on the interwebs to make DBZ references purely for comedic purposes, i should probably steer clear from doing so on these boards seeing as i'm one of the younger posters.

pos rep in your future to help make amends.

I enjoy your passion, and FWIW, I'm just an overweight fan now. and I'm mostly a fan of all things Grobe, including Lobo, for personal reasons, because they gave me an opportunity when no other BCS school would.

Unfortunately, they gave chances to too many other players who didn't pan out like you did.

And obviously Lobo made sure you got on the field a lot more than most OCs would have.

Unfortunately, they gave chances to too many other players who didn't pan out like you did.

And obviously Lobo made sure you got on the field a lot more than most OCs would have.

This.

We all had coaches who we were personally fond of but had to realize, at some point, that while they were great people, they weren't very good at their jobs.

This.

We all had coaches who we were personally fond of but had to realize, at some point, that while they were great people, they weren't very good at their jobs.

Lobo is extremely intelligent. Don't know how well that transferred to football, but the guy was brilliant. I think the players got worse. For a variety of reasons. but I think the coaching staff isn't incompetent, and they know what they are doing. Personally fond of, and giving you a full ride scholly to a top 25 university, and an opportunity to showcase your talents on the national stage is something you don't really move past because of bad play calls or poor recruiting.

Yeah, and I don't think anyone expects you to be unbiased- that's natural. But you do know how well it transferred to football. Statistics can be twisted to support any position but 10+ years of stats across the board do show an unarguable situation. And I don't think we're making a blanket characterization of the entire coaching staff. Just one coach who, as Ph said, created plenty of chances for you to showcase your talent. But I know I speak for a lot of us who have been there for the Deacs for quite some time- we would've traded seeing your work so often for a few less 3-and-outs or 3rd-and-long-run-off-tackle for the 15th time for zero gain.

This thread has run its nefarious course and I'd be happy to see it just fade away.

Yeah, and I don't think anyone expects you to be unbiased- that's natural. But you do know how well it transferred to football. Statistics can be twisted to support any position but 10+ years of stats across the board do show an unarguable situation. And I don't think we're making a blanket characterization of the entire coaching staff. Just one coach who, as Ph said, created plenty of chances for you to showcase your talent. But I know I speak for a lot of us who have been there for the Deacs for quite some time- we would've traded seeing your work so often for a few less 3-and-outs or 3rd-and-long-run-off-tackle for the 15th time for zero gain.

This thread has run its nefarious course and I'd be happy to see it just fade away.

Sure, I was hoping it died days ago. Can't argue much with Stats. They speak for themselves, I don't necessarily think they should have kept their jobs unconditionally. But it was hard for me to read "F You Lobo" and such knowing what he's done for teams and players beyond the wins. Grobe's coaching staff was all about growing the player academically, personally and as a player which is foreign in today's culture. They all were excellent men and fathers. Again, that doesn't mean unconditional job security, but it was refreshing to see, and I don't believe they deserve F yous.

I'll leave with a quote from one of the members on Grobe's staff which I'm sure they all bought into.

After Orange Bowl Season: "I won't know how successful this season was until I see these men in 10-20-30 years as Husbands and Fathers."

I enjoy your passion, and FWIW, I'm just an overweight fan now. and I'm mostly a fan of all things Grobe, including Lobo, for personal reasons, because they gave me an opportunity when no other BCS school would.

I have one of these things in common with SD.

Back