• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lobo now RB coach too

Cut blocking requires mobile O-Linemen. When the current staff arrived from Ohio, they put the 300+ lb O-Linemen through heck in Spring Practice and made them lose a lot of weight and become mobile so they could cut block. The result is that we averaged over 200+ yards rushing per game for the first few years.

Now we have 300+ lb O-Linemen who don't get a push, don't open many holes and don't pass protect particularly well.

Excelent observation 71. Was this offense thought up on a whim before the spring? If so, they wasted the winter and 15 spring practices to bring the OL around. I think the best thing this OL does is pass block, but on third and long, with the defense sending the kitchen sink, time is needed for the routes to be completed past the sticks. Why we don't use the TE more is giving our opponents one less thing to work on during the week.

god fucking damn it.

i played a ULM player online on NCAA 14 and all he had to say was "i hope you guys run alot of option plays this Saturday". after a long moment of silence i sighed and said "i fucking hate being a wake fan." he laughed pretty hard. oh and he played with ULM and of course being as LOWF as i am i chose Wake. i won 42-21. sadly we wont see that on Saturday.

The biggest takeaway I get from this is that we are minimizing Coach Mitchell's role on the team. Not hard to see the writing on the wall for his future imo.

No way Grobe coaches without Mitchell. Mitchell has been Grobe's right hand man and assistant Head Coach for a long time. There could be a lot of reasons for this. But I assure you that Grobe wanting to move on from Coach Mitchell is not one of them.

Back