• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lobo now RB coach too

Coach Lobotzke does a really good job of running a good solid practice with his guys. I understand that I am in the extreme minority and his play calling is spotty at best.

It makes sense to get the FB's, RB's and TE's in the same group because of the style of offense that we are running.

Copy-of-IMG_8462.jpg

Developing the offense that we are planning to run this year. It's fine to disagree with him being the OC at all, but it makes a lot of sense for him to work with all of the players that are similar and not just the FBs and TEs because the RBs are in this group too.

Somebody had to oversee them all and you do not believe that it should be Coach Lobotzke, obviously Coach Grobe thinks it should be.

Aren't TE's more similar to offensive tackles since they use similar blocking techniques?

Couple quick snap frases immediately come to mind....

" Are you kidding me ? "

" Hear that collective groan in the backfield ? "

" Howz about Grobe coaching something....ANYTHING ! "

IF Lobo was any good at whatever it is he's good at he'd a been gone years ago. Instead we've lost our OC and DC guys to HC'ing jobs....and have NEVER been the same since.

Oh and a final thought....

This is the FIRST time I've ever seen a specific reference to 'special teams' by this staff....EVER !

Lobo is like Grobe's son; and his football "partner". Especially as family now, Grobe will NEVER dismiss Lobo because of this, and the only way Lobo ever leaves is getting his own HC gig at a reputable program. I'm certain that Lobo is a fantastic person, who many can and should admire for multiple reasons. Hell he's an AFA grad, and that speaks volumes. Personally, I don't want to get into the intricacies of his football shortcomings. They exist, obviously, but I just don't feel the need to detail them. It's enough to look at the rankings of his offense, which typically are in the 90s and above out of 120 teams. Now there have to be some programs ranked in the bottom quartile of the league, but in a properly aggressive, win-oriented program, such rankings are absolutely grounds for firing the OC. It's that simple. Only in Wellman's AD can such conditions not only be allowed to exist, but supported.

I've certainly led my share of anti-Lobo comments and campaigns but the family is completely off-limits.

Hey, don't go down that road, Lohengrin. Poor little doofus might run away for a full week again.

Actually, on second thought ...

At least Lobo is no longer coaching the OL. Hopefully Heimbauch will get better results out of that crew than we've seen the past few years.

Maybe. If we have one, he's it.

Lobo did a really good job with the OL when we used the cutblocking schemes when Calhoun was the OC. Never seemed as comfortable with a traditional blocking OL.

I think the guy gets a bad rap, but there is no way he should have retained his job with the offensive performance of last season.

I would have laughed at the HCIW thought a few years ago but between his length of stay here as a coordinator without getting (or taking?) a head job and Wellman's bicycle accident, it is now plausible.

Back