• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

You know you are hurtin when they bring in some dude who has given up 7 runs in 3 2/3 innings so far this year to help you close out the 1st.

And then he gets out of it with two pitches. What was so hard about that BUD?

You know you are hurtin when they bring in some dude who has given up 7 runs in 3 2/3 innings so far this year to help you close out the 1st.

Strop came in for the O's last night. Got one out in the 7th. In the 8th, gave up 2 HR's and 3 runs and never recorded an out. Hopefully, the dude gets his swagger back.

XAVIER CEDENO BABY!

He's pretty turrible, BUT that turd Erik Bedard only registered 1 out 2 nights ago, so the Astros' bullpen has pitched like 15IP in the last 20 innings. Not good.

Phillies and Reds about to resume their game from last night, which was suspended in a tie at the bottom of the 9th. So basically what's going to happen, I imagine, is the Reds will score a run in the next few minutes, celebrate their walk-off awkwardly, and then they'll all head back to the clubhouses to prepare for the 7pm game.

XAVIER CEDENO BABY!

He's pretty turrible, BUT that turd Erik Bedard only registered 1 out 2 nights ago, so the Astros' bullpen has pitched like 15IP in the last 20 innings. Not good.

Hey now! Don't speak poorly about Bedard. He was the badass that brought Adam Jones to Baltimore.

I am not sure how, but I am starting to think the Cubs were smart declining the Haren trade.

Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on with ESPN2? The Reds-Phillies game is supposed to be on there right now, but they are just showing sportscenter bullshit.

nevermind, I figured it out. We can't get a game on locally for 2 weeks, and yet this meaningless game is broadcast on two networks simultaneously?

Last edited:
Phils going to need a loooong reliever, Lannen getting pulled in the 2nd with a near 70 pitch count and 6 earned

Leake is dealing tonight; this is the best 4 innings i've ever seen him pitch. He's getting some wicked movement on his pitches this year.

The first absurdly dumb move John Farrell has made as Red Sox manager just occurred. Alfredo Aceves starts in place of the injured John Lackey and barely manages to escape the 5th inning without giving up a run--he had the bases loaded with 2 outs and Asdrubal Cabrera hit a rocket to right that Victorino managed to run down. Aceves, clearly out of gas in the fifth, is then sent out to start the 6th with no one warming up behind him. Walk, followed by a Nick Swisher bomb, and Farrell finally gets Tazawa and Miller up in the pen. Neither being warm yet, Aceves then gives up another bomb to Giambi and a crushed double down the line by Reynolds before he finally gets the hook. Tazawa then comes in and holds the Indians there, as the Sox maintain what had been a 5-0 lead at 5-3.

The pen was well-rested coming in as well. Dumb.

The retread Yankees got it done again tonight. Hafner hits a go-ahead bomb in the 8th and they've won 7 of 8 after a slow start. Really surprising even the most optimistic fans so far.

Joey Gallo hit a HUGE bomb to give the Crawdads the win tonight in extra innings.

Phillies and Reds about to resume their game from last night, which was suspended in a tie at the bottom of the 9th. So basically what's going to happen, I imagine, is the Reds will score a run in the next few minutes, celebrate their walk-off awkwardly, and then they'll all head back to the clubhouses to prepare for the 7pm game.

PHILLIPPEEE

The Phillies just played an entire three game series without drawing a single walk. Ruben Amaro Jr. has finally built his dream team.

The Phillies just played an entire three game series without drawing a single walk. Ruben Amaro Jr. has finally built his dream team.

The Reds only made 314 pitches in the entire series. 3.9 per out, 3.5 per AB. Don't have the actual PA, too lazy to find that out, but crazy. They also struck out 24 times.

They need Delmon Young to get healthy.

The Reds only made 314 pitches in the entire series. 3.9 per out, 3.5 per AB. Don't have the actual PA, too lazy to find that out, but crazy. They also struck out 24 times.

They need Delmon Young to get healthy.

If Delmon Young is the answer, you're asking the wrong question

The Phillies already have a better version of Delmon Young in John Mayberry Jr. But at least they know enough to use JMJ primarily against lefties. When Delmon comes around, they'll try to use him as an every day player.

MIAMI — On the surface, it may appear baffling how Ross Detwiler has been able to be so successful early this season when his pitching repertoire has been so basic. The Nationals left-hander has thrown 279 pitches in three starts, 258 of them fastballs. That's an astounding 92.5 percent rate.

Three starts in, Detwiler now boasts a 0.90 ERA, sixth-best in the majors. And if not for a blown call at the plate Wednesday by umpire Greg Gibson, that number would drop to a miniscule 0.45. Not exactly your typical "No. 5 starter."

I'm trying to think of other SP's who are that successful while throwing 90% fastballs. He actually faced really good lineups (Braves, Reds) before faving the Marlins last night, too.

If Delmon Young is the answer, you're asking the wrong question

Delmon Young is always the answer. Except to the question of who is the Cubs closer - although he may be better than whatever we throw out there.

Back