• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOCK, DELETE.

Meh. From my experience, the affilliation of a minor league team isnt super important, or even well known. The exceptions being affiliates that share a name or proximity with their major league team. Outside of the diehards, who in Durham knows that the Bulls are an Arizona afilliate? Plus fuck the Cardinals.

I disagree. Minor league affiliations can matter a lot if parent clubs invest in that affiliate, maintain a long relationship, and work on their "brand" over time.

I disagree. Minor league affiliations can matter a lot if parent clubs invest in that affiliate, maintain a long relationship, and work on their "brand" over time.

To expand on this, minor league affiliates probably matter more too if they're geographically close enough that they allow you to expand your TV market.

One example is the battle over central Texas TV by the Rangers and Astros. It's solidly Rangers territory now that the Astros stink, but things started to change sooner than that because the Astros lost the Round Rock AAA affiliation to Texas.

Meh. From my experience, the affilliation of a minor league team isnt super important, or even well known. The exceptions being affiliates that share a name or proximity with their major league team. Outside of the diehards, who in Durham knows that the Bulls are an Arizona afilliate? Plus fuck the Cardinals.

Rays do a ton of branding here, and the Bulls heavily promote their pro alumni. Every casual Bulls fan knows who their parent club is.

Rays do a ton of branding here, and the Bulls heavily promote their pro alumni. Every casual Bulls fan knows who their parent club is.

Maybe the DBAP has changed since I was there 2 years ago, anyway, I don't think Rays have any sort of fanbase in Durham or NC that would prevent an expansion franchise from moving there, just like I don't think the Memphis Redbirds St. Louis ties would discourage an expansion team there.

Maybe the DBAP has changed since I was there 2 years ago, anyway, I don't think Rays have any sort of fanbase in Durham or NC that would prevent an expansion franchise from moving there, just like I don't think the Memphis Redbirds St. Louis ties would discourage an expansion team there.

I don't think anybody suggested that it would prevent an expansion franchise from moving there. phan was just correcting you when you said that there were probably a bunch of Braves fans in west Tennessee.

Chris Davis is magic

davis-ball.gif

The Texas Rangers are only 39-30 at home and .500 in Yu Darvsh starts. Those stats will suck if it is the difference between the division and the wild card

I just had a glass of champagne that my parents bought in 1992. Amazing.

#kimbrel4cyyoung #votekimbrel

No.

Kimbrel is so amazing. Can't we adore CK without getting into the CY discussion? He won't pitch even 100 innings. He's a joy to watch, but he's no Kershaw. Or Wainwright. Or Harvey. Or Fernandez.

Vin Scully just dropped a Preacher Roe anecdote, from when he announced for the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Was at the Phils/Braves game yesterday. Not only was the first Gattis homerun a complete bomb, but it absolutely destroyed some woman who was walking along Ashburn Alley. Blasted her right in the leg and she went down like a house of cards. Also was sitting in the row where Ruf's homer landed, but in the scuffle for the ball, some mook in a tank top came running over and snagged it.

Enjoyed seeing Asche play 3B in person - he made a few difficult plays seem quite routine.

I've liked pretty much everything about Asche since his 1-17 start.

Since you were there when Gattis hit the first jack, how did it sound?

Darvish lost his third 1-0 game of the season last night

In fact I read this morning there has only been 14 1-0 games in the history of the Ballpark in Arlington in its 20 year history. Two of them have been this year in Darvish losses

No.

Kimbrel is so amazing. Can't we adore CK without getting into the CY discussion? He won't pitch even 100 innings. He's a joy to watch, but he's no Kershaw. Or Wainwright. Or Harvey. Or Fernandez.

Oh, I was just messing. The dude is so dominant though. I know he won't win. Just crazy good.

I pretty Jim Bunning had a year like that with the Phillies. I think he lost something like 5 or 6 games 1-0 or 2-1.

I've liked pretty much everything about Asche since his 1-17 start.

Since you were there when Gattis hit the first jack, how did it sound?

The sound off the bat didn't sound all that different than other home runs. But the sound that the crowd made was hilarious. I can't even describe it - probably whatever shock and awe sound like.

So the NL Central race is pretty great. Pretty much the only thing interesting in the NL right now. Of course, they’ll all make the playoffs, but only two get to play more than one game…

Unrelated, but I love this picture:

Screen_Shot_2013-09-09_at_12.16.51_AM.png

Nate Freiman: tall baseball player

Clay Buttholz back tonight. Wish Bogaerts was starting at SS tonight over Drew with a lefty Price on the mound

Back