• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London might not exist by the end of the week

vadimivich

Reaction score
The police have totally lost control of the city - tonight is now the 3rd straight night of massive riots, looting and arson and what started in just Tottenham is now city wide. This is reaching L.A Rodney King levels, and appears to be accelerating, not calming down.

Absolutely insane.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/london-riots-escalate-police-battle

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/08/london_riots.html

bp13.jpg

bp7.jpg

bp5.jpg

The video of the riots is insane. One of the main causes of the riots is the police shooting that killed a man.

That seems to be the spark point - but at this time it has just turned into an excuse for thugs all over the city (and now in other UK cities) to loot, riot and general destroy things. It doesn't seem there much of any political statement being made at this point.

This woman pretty much sums it up.

(Language is NSFW)

Currently in Oxford. Hitting London on Saturday to fly home Sunday. It's a shit storm over here and, to be honest, rather scary.

I couldn't load the map... not sure why.

I'm following a Fulham messageboard though, and they're chatting about a little bit of everything. One of them says Chalk Farm is starting to experience some problems. For those that don't know, Chalk Farm is near Wake Forest's Worrell House.

Here's to hoping Wake's house is safe, or that Wake has a MASSIVE insurance policy on it.

I couldn't load the map... not sure why.

I'm following a Fulham messageboard though, and they're chatting about a little bit of everything. One of them says Chalk Farm is starting to experience some problems. For those that don't know, Chalk Farm is near Wake Forest's Worrell House.

Here's to hoping Wake's house is safe, or that Wake has a MASSIVE insurance policy on it.

damn. hope this shit dies down.

Wake's house is on about as sleepy of a street as possible. It's also on an incredibly wealthy street. I don't know if that's good or bad for it. What's being targeted? A little bit of everything?

screenshot i just took from BBC aerial broadcast. this is a distribution center of some sort in Waltham Abbey (or Buckinghamshire or something).

4wyfh.png

Back