• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London might not exist by the end of the week

Oi. Mi madre is a professor and she's going to London for the year. I hope she can still go, she's been talking about taking her sabbatical there for years.

The rioting over tuition fees was definitely in london and it was hilarious. I had to 'miss' several class days for faculty strikes over the raises (and redundancy issues - our lay-offs) and it was crazy having to cross the picket line to print out homework and things.

The rioting got pretty intense, and a couple of high schoolers did some really stupid shit like chucking a fire extinguisher off the roof of a building into a crowd of civilians and police officers. He got totally fucked.

This is insane. Although I visited London for like 4 days in 2001, I admittedly am not too familiar with the city or with it's people. I had no idea there was a big gang problem or the potential for anything close to this to happen.

Chickens coming home to roost. Couldn't happen to a more deserving country.

I fucking hate the arrogance over here (UK). Our professor told us in class that most of what you read are lies and that no one has been hurt. He then went on to tell us its amateur hour compared to the antics that go on in the US.

I fucking hate the arrogance over here (UK). Our professor told us in class that most of what you read are lies and that no one has been hurt. He then went on to tell us its amateur hour compared to the antics that go on in the US.

The only thing I can think of that may remotely compare in the last 15 years is Katrina but that was pretty extenuating circumstances.

The professor probably got that image from being facebook friends with a lot of women in their 30s during the Casey Anthony verdict

This is truly one of the strangest photographs I have ever seen. The photographer seems to have captured (i) a thug (ii) wearing a green silk scarf (iii) in the moment he is getting hit in the armpit (iv) by a portable fan. I am not sure those four factors have ever come together in the history of the world before now.

bp5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is truly one of the strangest photographs I have ever seen. The photographer seems to have captured (i) a thug (ii) wearing a green silk scarf (iii) in the moment he is getting hit in the armpit (iv) by a portable fan. I am not sure those four factors have ever come together in the history of the world before now.

bp5.jpg

He is throwing it at the cops.

Brits hear American news about violence and and don't take into consideration that the US is 45 times larger than England and has six times more people. They view all of that carnage as happening in their concentrated area. Plus, when they actually visit the US, they go to New York, Disneyland/world, DC, and maybe LA/SF. That gives an even more warped sense of what the US is actually like.

quotes from looters on BBC radio:

"It's all about showing the police we can do what we want... and now we have."

and why your local communities?

"It's all about showing the rich people we can do what we want."

quotes from looters on BBC radio:

"It's all about showing the police we can do what we want... and now we have."

and why your local communities?

"It's all about showing the rich people we can do what we want."

My three year old often operates on a similar mentality. :rulz:

People loot their local communities because they're local and it's easier to move in and out and hide and get protection from the locals.

Quick: someone schedule a soccer game to give these British twits something more constructive to do. Or better yet: a soccer game followed by a Spice Girls concert.

Quick: someone schedule a soccer game to give these British twits something more constructive to do. Or better yet: a soccer game followed by a Spice Girls concert.

Tonight's friendly against the Netherlands was already canceled and Saturday's opening EPL games may be in trouble

Back