• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London might not exist by the end of the week

No. Guns don't have anything to do with our higher murder rate. America just has more people who kill people than the UK. According to gun lobby logic, we're just a nation of killers, so you can't blame greater access to guns.

I'm probably anti-gun ownership, but I will say that both Switzerland and Israel have abnormally high gun ownership rates with rather low murder rates, iirc.

Some are saying part of this is the dramatic austerity cutbacks in many of these neighborhoods.

I'm pro-gun. When I was in my parents' house by myself last week I felt a helluva lot better knowing that it was there. I've called the police before and it took them 30-45 minutes to get there.

Interesting counterpoint on the riots: link

That explains the rioting aspect, but I still don't understand the looting aspect. Moreover, not all of the rioters/looters are black, right? Just based on all the pictures I've seen, it seems like the English poor as a whole, not just the English blacks. Perhaps the poor as a whole are trying to make a statement about the treatment of blacks, but I sort of doubt that.

Last edited:
Interesting counterpoint on the riots: link

That explains the rioting aspect, but I still don't understand the looting aspect. Moreover, not all of the rioters/looters are black, right? Just based on all the pictures I've seen, it seems like the English poor, not the English blacks. Perhaps the poor as a whole are trying to make a statement about the treatment of blacks, but I sort of doubt that.

It is an interesting counterpoint, though nothing more as it just doesn't hold truth across the board. While some might still claim they are rioting for a cause, the majority have turned it into chaos, a way of simply having fun and stealing things.

Reports suggest he didn't fire a shot.

Reports suggest he didn't fire a shot.

From what it sounds like, he didn't shoot. But that doesn't mean he didn't point his weapon at an officer. Not enough information either way to come to a conclusion. Nothing excuses the rioting/looting going on, but even worse most of the people rioting have no idea what sparked everything. They're just out there to get some free merchandise and throw a few bricks at the police.

It just a bunch of punks who grew up in our modern day culture of entitlement. They've never done shit there entire life, grew up watching their parents lay around getting paid to do nothing, and now they're mad that the government isn't paying them "enough" to exist due to the new austerity measures.

And the best part about this is how the kids are all interacting through social media. If this segment of society is so poor how are they accessing social media? Nope they're sitting around on there iPhone's and bitching about how nobody will pay them to be unemployed anymore. It sadly reminds of a segment of our society on this side of the ocean.

Last edited:
Follow @gmpolice on Twitter. They are listing every single person that has been jailed in their area for their part in the riot nonsense. This is amazing.

gmpolice GM Police
Stefan Hoyle (born 27/01/1992) of St. Stephen Street, Salford, jailed for four months for theft after found with a stolen violin.

:laugh:

Back