• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

London might not exist by the end of the week

They're just trying to get their credit downgraded. Followers.

looks residential :rulz:

NO8mR.png

I've never been to London, and don't have a feel for the scale of that map. It seems like a massive, spread out place to me. For example, how far apart, approximately, are chelsea and fulham?

These riots are nuts. Are the police shooting any tear gas or those rubber bullet things? I feel like British police are weak sauce.

I've never been to London, and don't have a feel for the scale of that map. It seems like a massive, spread out place to me. For example, how far apart, approximately, are chelsea and fulham?

Chelsea and Fulham are right next to each other. Tottenham is probably 10-15 miles north east from Fulham. Clapham Junction is just south of the Thames from Fulham, maybe 2 or 3 miles.

So I haven't followed this at all. What's it about?

A 29 year old was shot and killed in a taxi in Tottenham on Thursday after he reportedly fired at police. His family and friends all say he had nothing to do with gangs and there's no way he would have shot a cop. Lots of pictures of him wearing gang gear and a number of gangs have stated he was very influential. So the gangs started rioting to show their displeasure. Then any bored teen with nothing else to do decided this was a good time to take out some of their anger or pick up a new tv.

it seemed to quickly dissociate from the original shooting.

gang members started tweeting pictures of themselves with loot they'd... looted. then, as it was mentioned, bored and unemployed youths started stealing shit and setting fire to things.

in other words, it isn't political, it isn't race-related, and it isn't even about the death. just thuggery.

(this as far as I can tell)

Was it last year that there were riots in Paris? And the "students" were in massive upheaval earlier this year when tuition rates were raised significantly. There has been a growing problem, especially in the younger working class age range. Hopefully things can be resolved soon.

From The Guardian:
"We ain't got no jobs, no money ... We heard that other people were getting things for free, so why not us?"

THUGS ... pure and simple!

Back