• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Long Time Buzz In Calls It Quits. Hire Chill or Battle as Interim Coach

And the other similar losses could?

Eh some of them I kind of can in my head, but the Clemson one just pushes me over. Wake should match up well with Clemson player wise, but that obviously didn't happen. No reason to ever get beat that much worse at home, later in the year.

Eh some of them I kind of can in my head, but the Clemson one just pushes me over. Wake should match up well with Clemson player wise, but that obviously didn't happen. No reason to ever get beat that much worse at home, later in the year.

Hopefully Wellman feels the same way.

I don't understand how folks could have defended him to this point, but if this is your tipping point, that's great.

What bothers me the most is the lack of effort and improvement. I thought I saw some early in the season, but since State we have just stopped giving any effort at all. You may not be able to hit your shots, but you can always play defense and rebound and we are doing neither. This team has bailed on Buzz, just like Tampa Bay did on Morris. He will never get them back. He has been unable to get them to put forth the effort needed to be competitive and obviously his offensive scheme is terrible and he doesn't give a damn about rebounding. Why would any sane person think it would get better next year. Don't drag it out Ron. Man up and admit you made a mistake and move on!

The regression from the start of the year tells me this is a guy these players don't want to win for this guy. Good coaches are guys who make you want to win for them.

I thought we looked decent against Duke and @ NCSU (especially considering how bad we normally play in Raleigh). Virginia and Clemson though were terrible. Awful.

What bothers me the most is the lack of effort and improvement. I thought I saw some early in the season, but since State we have just stopped giving any effort at all. You may not be able to hit your shots, but you can always play defense and rebound and we are doing neither. This team has bailed on Buzz, just like Tampa Bay did on Morris. He will never get them back. He has been unable to get them to put forth the effort needed to be competitive and obviously his offensive scheme is terrible and he doesn't give a damn about rebounding. Why would any sane person think it would get better next year. Don't drag it out Ron. Man up and admit you made a mistake and move on!

I feel like this is the season that ron could acknowledge his dick up and still save face with the fan base. If he lets this go on past this season, the more level headed version of the fan base will be calling for his head too in my opinion.

LOL! (But as I recall, you and I were even before the State game last year...)

Stetson put him in a pretty big hole that he never climbed out of.

That said, I DO NOT WANT WELLMAN RUNNING OUT TO HIRE MARSHALL OR ANYONE ELSE. WE NEED TO DO A PROPER SEARCH THIS TIME WITH A SEARCH COMMITTEE, A CONSULTING FIRM AND AN INFORMED PRESIDENT AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES.

Really? If Greg Marshall said OK, then I'd throw a twenty-spot or two in the ring myself to expedite the process.

Marshall has expressed 0 interest in leaving WSU, but he's a high-major job waiting to happen whenever he wants to take that step.

Fire his ass. Now.

I do not expect [Redacted] to remain our coach next year. However that happens does not matter, but Wellman would be well within his power to end it today.

Fire his ass. Now.

I do not expect [Redacted] to remain our coach next year. However that happens does not matter, but Wellman would be well within his power to end it today.

I really hope this is correct.

I have lost all interest in collegiate basketball because of Jeff Bzzzzz. Please get this man as far away from Wake Forest athletics as humanly possible.

I really didn't think this until we laid another egg, at home, against Clemson who sucks this year, in February. There is simply no excuse. LAZY defense. I mean, my God, do we even know who the shooters, er, shooter is?!?! Doofus hits a couple and we still don't seem to understand you can't sit back on him. We refuse to play hard nosed defense for more than spurts. Chase trying to throw a pass to the basket from the wing through 3 or 4 defenders? Travis spending the entire first half standing on the perimeter? I think we think we are playing at an acceptable level of intensity, for 30 minutes at most, and we think that is OK. It ain't..... That is why I couldn't stand Dino. Consistently poor efforts, culminating in UM and Cleveland St.

I'm done. After thinking about it, an interim coach in Battle or Chill is not wise. I was thinking one of them might use an in-season interim coach assignment like Odom did at Va., but taking over for a fired head coach versus a sick head coach is more complicated. Accept we suck, coaching and all, and finish it out. Start the coaching search process immediately, though. Time to move on. I just can't believe we are this bad now to lose to Clemson at home by 20.

Shaka will win the NCAA titties with all the talent we have , this year! He will bu number 1 with our talent!

The freshman [Redacted] brought in aren't exactly program changers, so let's not act like poor buzz isn't partially responsible for the lack of talent on campus.

No no, I'm just high on all the smart ass nerds who know fucking everything and have all the answers about our basketball program! They are so fucking right!

Nerds and silver spoons and phd's know it all!!!!!

Them and those whiny minorities, amirite!

Back