• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Looking at this year's players in future

CJ is a lot stronger now. It makes a huge difference. He has also developed a really good step back mid-range shot. Fischer can get his own shot. I think he is deferring to the other guys and trying to take his shots in the flow of the offense.

There wasn't even enough in his post for their to be "so much" wrong with it. And he was right. McKie is a good player, but it's hard to imagine a top ACC team having him as a top scoring option -- he just can't score on his own.

That doesn't mean he can't be a great player -- AFA was the same way offensively (although he made up for it with his unbelievable impact on defense). McKie's just not a guy who can create for himself.

thanks

TC sees Chase for 3 put takes it to the hole. Not a real pg move. We need pass first and let Chase gets some shots up.

In response to RJ's original post, I woud offer a contrary opinion on three of his observations.

CJ is not going to be a sixth man next year. Period. Mark it down. That statement is just flat wrong. No freshman is going to come in and take his starting role. He will be the senior leader of the team.'

I didn't say he'd sixth mnan for us. I said he is a typical sixth man.

You have a very optimistic view of Carson. I will not elaborate, but you are quite generous in you comments.

RE:Carson -he's ot a leasder but he will be very good if he has help.

Chase is not a one-dimensional player. He has one of the higher basketball IQs on the team and will get better with experience. The problem with the one-dimension that you reference is that he is a deadly spot-up shooter, but has not demonstrated that he can create off the bounce. He will not be left wide open frequently enough against our stronger opponents who have a book on him to get his shot off until we have an inside scoring threat. That is probably two years away.

His defenxse is mediocre. If we have other scoring options, he will get more open looks.

TC is unwilling to pass to Chase for some reason. I noticed this summer when they played on the same team. It is even more pronounced now. Chase needs some screens up top and TC can pass more to him or sit.

This is crap. Chase wasn't open and wasn't moving.

This has been an issue all season. Usually Chase gets a pass from CJ for his shots.

This has been an issue all season. Usually Chase gets a pass from CJ for his shots.

Because that's the way the offense is designed. It's a hockey theory. The PG drives. He draws two people. Then he passes to a SG or Travis. Then that person passes to the open three point shooter.

You are missing the desing of the offense.

Yeah, that is probably it. I forgot there are no ego issues in Bz land since all the bad apples are gone.

I seem to recall you said many times he was basically the second coming.

You recall correctly. We had tons of smoke blown up our ass about how great this Philly PG was going to be and how he was going to bring some toughness to our team. Then we were told all last season about how much better the team would have been with a healthy TC.

He's like a basketball version of Lectro.

i love chase's shot selection in the few games i have seen. he is one-dimensional though (two-dimensional if bball IQ is a dimension). he is a LOT more oglesby (clemson) than redick. no cross-racial comparisons for me.

he is an excellent shooter who takes smart shots. kind of the anti-JTT.

RJ has said TC would be a solid starting acc point guard. That is not going to be the case and RJ has said so.

He peaked early. Good player but not going to get better.

He will either stay four years as a back-up or he is going to St. Bonny or somewhere shere he can be featured. Both are ok. But if he stays then Fields probably goes becaues of pt. - it will work out.

We need 2 4*s in 13, and a star in `14.

Right before this game Chase was getting less than 6 shots and Tony 9. Let's at least reverse those numbers for starters.

Right before this game Chase was getting less than 6 shots and Tony 9. Let's at least reverse those numbers for starters.

Tony would be happy with this. The problem is Chase doesn't yet get himself in position to get those shots.

I know this in't a popular position to take, but if you look at the tapes, Tony looks first for the open man. Then he looks forb the sot.

If Chase could figure out how to get open looks, those shot totals would be reversed.

Last edited:
Back