• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOUISVILLE at WF, SATURDAY NOON, 12:30 kickoff

Plenty of people pride themselves on being tailgaters more than fans.

I haven't lived in reasonable driving distance (i.e. 8hrs) since I graduated (with the exception of one glorious year having season tickets with cookout and smallbigtall), and it's such a bummer.

Try to make at least one away game a year and always make the bowl. This year definitely hitting The Point and if we're still rolling I'll fly to Chestnut Hill. But desperately miss a game in groves. My ten-year reunion a couple of years ago was glorious.

Wake is selling 4 tickets plus a parking pass for $60.

Interesting, is Wake advertising this? When I browse to godeacs.com and click on tickets I don't see it anywhere. Now there's a four-pack for Duke for $99. Maybe that's what you're talking about or maybe the Louisville four-packs sold out.

Lousiville 4 packs are sold out. Were 99 plus 10 for a the parking pass.

After attending the first 2 games, I've been absolutely screwed so far this season. Had to miss the FSU game after my wife and son came down with HFM disease (wife the day before the game, so she was completely done for). 2 yr old is now coughing and dealing with sniffles and ofc we can't easily get a COVID test result fast enough to clear me to go to the game tomorrow.

After attending the first 2 games, I've been absolutely screwed so far this season. Had to miss the FSU game after my wife and son came down with HFM disease (wife the day before the game, so she was completely done for). 2 yr old is now coughing and dealing with sniffles and ofc we can't easily get a COVID test result fast enough to clear me to go to the game tomorrow.

That’s a bummer.

I think your kid was in my son’s class. He’s moving up next week.

I’ll get there right at or just after kickoff today because my son turned three yesterday and we are doing family birthday this morning.

Reducing the prices on individual game tickets will dilute the season ticket holders so that's a no-go.

Plus you could buy a season ticket prior to the season starting for $120 per seat on the home side which is good value if you plan to attend at least 3 to 4 games.

I'm not sure what else can be done short of the AD slashing single game tickets for conference games to $10 or $15 per seat which will never happen.

The gameday experience currently at Wake is as family friendly and affordable as you will find in "big boy" college football.

What's better- having a $40 ticket that goes unsold or a $20 ticket that is sold?

Although common sense would say the latter, apparently it is the former.

Attendance isn't a Wake problem. Miami had 37k in announced attendance last night, and I am quite sure it was far less than that. The fact is that college football is awesome on TV, and it's a lot of fun being able to watch multiple games at once. Attending a game is basically committing your entire Saturday to it.

I choose to attend and love doing it, but I understand there are many factors working against Wake in particular that have been covered many times.

That said, when the Deacs are ranked and playing a hated division rival, go to the fucking game.

Not only is it that football is awesome on TV, but it is even better on DVR. Combined with the aforementioned kids' sports that take up most waking hours on the weekend, there is no way in hell I'm sitting through 82 media, review, and punt/kickoff timeouts on an October Saturday afternoon. It's not like people are shouting out the Wake football score in public, I can come home at night and blow through that bitch in about an hour.

I think your kid was in my son’s class. He’s moving up next week.

I’ll get there right at or just after kickoff today because my son turned three yesterday and we are doing family birthday this morning.

I have a 3 year old’s birthday party today at 1:30. Super inconvenient timing.

Does anyone know what time the team arrives with the vand playing in front of the deacon statue for deacon walk?

I mean personally I love going to games but my family is a 1 to 2 game a year family of girls and they're just not as interested in football so it's either me being gone every Saturday home game or doing stuff with my family.

When I walk into the games there are lots of people still in the parking lot. What’s up with that? Do they have tickets but choose to tailgate only? Do they not have game tickets? Or do they have tickets but enter the game really late? I don’t know the answer, but it always seems strange.

Yes. Some fraternities tailgate only. Often they will also leave at halftime to begin partying. Got this from my son-in-law when he was there.

Covered a little on attendance in my preview.

Since the comparisons to 2019 are impossible to ignore -- attendance for that Louisville game was 24,434, or 77.6% capacity. IIRC for that season, 2 of the 3 home games to that point were given a bit of a free pass, since Utah State was a Friday night and another was Elon. Feel like the UNC game was a great crowd but again, for a Friday night.

But remember how pathetic of a showing it was for the Louisville game.

I may be wrong, but I believe the practice is to count tickets sold as attendance.

Back