• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LOUISVILLE at WF, SATURDAY NOON, 12:30 kickoff

Our schedule has been weak for sure but we’ve put big numbers on everyone other than Clemson for several seasons now while setting records for offensive production and scoring. I’m no longer worried about the offense. If our defense continues to play at a high level that changes our outlook considerably.

This is a game where having both Miles Fox and Tyler Williams will be very helpful. Both can go hard all game and get rest when the other is in.

This is a game where having both Miles Fox and Tyler Williams will be very helpful. Both can go hard all game and get rest when the other is in.

True. If the Wake DL can dominate the Louisville OL (tough to do on a Satterfield coached team), it likely won't be close.

[/B]

You already have your answer: trailed the mighty Spartans of Norfolk State 3-0. In spite of being punched in the mouth, back on our heels ,reeling (I think that covers the basic sports tropes) we got up off the canvas (there I go again) and ran off 21 unanswered points.

LOL!

On Clawson's show tonight he had an interesting observation on the last play of that first drive. Norfolk State had used the same formation, and Wake hadn't responded well. This time they were prepared for it.

Add to that....the players who made the play did not play in the Norfolk State game...that show great communication, film study, and buy-in

True. If the Wake DL can dominate the Louisville OL (tough to do on a Satterfield coached team), it likely won't be close.

Both the FSU and UVA O-lines were supposed to be strong as well. Wake's D-line abused all of them.

There's still a lot of seats available, even a few hundred on the home side. Probably 3,000 empty seats total is what we're looking at right now. It's going to a be a beautiful fall Saturday, family weekend which means an extra couple thousand fans, and we have a top 25 team to cheer on. If we can't sellout this game I'm not sure we could sell out anything. I know our alumni can only do so much of the lifting for attendance and we eventually need the city to back our team again, but let's sell this game out.

I don't think the D was that gassed at the end. Wake was in soft prevent D for the last UVA drive. The D just wanted UVA offensevto bleed clock. The D was willing to concede yards. When UVA got close, the defense tightened up considerably and denied UVA the TD.

The D may have been gassed. The score was 37-17 with 12:56 left in the game. From that point, UVa ran 29 plays and Wake ran 9 on three 3 and outs. That last drive was 13 plays, 91 yards.

Satterfield is a dick and the entire coaching profession knows it. What kind of prick takes a job and before his players know him, seeks another job? Satterfield. A dumb fuck.

who sold you on FSU's OL being strong? If so can I have their dealer's number?

FSU's O-line has been a mess for years, but this year's FSU O-line was touted as being mediocre, which was a big improvement. After FSU ran all over Notre Dame, FSU ran for 264 yards, it did seem like FSU's OL was improved. FWIW, FSU also ran for over 200 yards against L'ville. WF held FSU to 91 rushing yards. Could be that FSU's OL isn't that bad, but maybe, WF's DL is just that good. Hope so.

Last edited:
Satterfield acted like every single stereotype of a coach who only cares about his next job during the South Carolina job search last year. Have to think his players are on to him. If they are winning then all good, but if they lose a couple I bet his players turn on him.

There's still a lot of seats available, even a few hundred on the home side. Probably 3,000 empty seats total is what we're looking at right now. It's going to a be a beautiful fall Saturday, family weekend which means an extra couple thousand fans, and we have a top 25 team to cheer on. If we can't sellout this game I'm not sure we could sell out anything. I know our alumni can only do so much of the lifting for attendance and we eventually need the city to back our team again, but let's sell this game out.

I used to get irritated at stuff like that and couldn't figure out why these type of games wouldn't sell out. Now I expect it. I will say, if both teams continue to win, the State game will be a sellout.

I used to get irritated at stuff like that and couldn't figure out why these type of games wouldn't sell out. Now I expect it. I will say, if both teams continue to win, the State game will be a sellout.
I'd rather not sellout than give NC State access to unlimited tickets.

I'd rather not sellout than give NC State access to unlimited tickets.

Let them come. The last 2 times they have been in WS, the game has been close to a sell out and we kicked their ass both times. I'm glad for Wake to take their money again and send them home crying.

I think in this crazy year, there is a certain groundswell of national sentiment waiting to be released in support of a fun underdog, and we check all the boxes. We have to win this game. We have to. Fans and media want a national darling and we’re primed to grab that slot. Beat Louisville and Syracuse to get up into the Top 15 and it starts getting fun.

With the exception of the NCSU game, every home game is both part of a 4-pak option, and is a promotion day (band day, parents day, youth day, etc.).
That speaks volumes to the ad and ticket office's expectations preseason for the crowd we'll have when the Wolfpack comes to town, much less that now it could have major Atlantic implications.

Back