• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Louisville Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Newman is great at the slow RPO and Hartman is a thrower, not a runner. It’s been known that Louisville’s secondary is their weakness, yet too much of the offense was spent playing around with the slow to develop RPO.

We rushed for over 5 yards a carry. The offense wasn't the issue tonight.

That play happened literally right in front of me. The closest ref called it a catch. He got overturned by a guy 40 yards away on the other side of Washington.

Yeah, you could tell they cowered to the Louisville coaches bitching on the sideline on that one.

In a game with a ton of killer plays, the one that really stood out is letting their true frosh scamper for 10 yards on 3rd and 11 on the play before he scored the TD run on the fourth and one. I'm sure UL told him to just tuck it if he didn't have anything wide open. Not sure how we don't have a spy on him in that situation. Or perhaps we did, and that player screwed up and got out of position. Stop him for less than 5 yards, and they probably end up punting. Of course they probably still would have gone for it - and we probably would have given up a big play.

Agree with this, and the 3rd and 16 scramble he made. Reminded me of Wolford...

The QB scramble on 3rd and long and again on 4th and 1 was infuriating. That happened all night long and we kept taking the bait. Poor execution all around. Glad we fought until the end. Destroy FSU and move on. Hope Jamie is ok. Go Deacs

Smenda seemed to be the spy on those and he clearly doesn’t have the quickness/speed to close down.

All the more reason that replays should be made by a replay ref in a locked room who only sees the play and doesn't know the call on the field or the score or the situation. He has 90 seconds to watch every possible angle and made the call. If he doesn't the call is automatically overturned. The goal of replay should be to get the call right, not to determine if the officials were right.

This is a great idea.

Hartman is a player, man

That play happened literally right in front of me. The closest ref called it a catch. He got overturned by a guy 40 yards away on the other side of Washington.

That was completely ignored on the TV broadcast too. Closest official ruled it a catch, and whatever bozo called it incomplete on the field wasn’t even close to being in camera shot.

Yeah, you could tell they cowered to the Louisville coaches bitching on the sideline on that one.

The Louisville coaches were the biggest bitches I've seen in opposing coaches. They'd literally argue everything while jumping up and down looking like ass hats

Yeah, that QB prancing 30+ yards into the end zone untouched was just awful.

Actually letting him score actually gave us a chance to have the final onside kick that we apparently got screwed out of.

We never put a spy on the qb all night despite the fact we were getting gashed on scrambles. That made no sense to me.

Smenda seemed to be the spy on those and he clearly doesn’t have the quickness/speed to close down.

Yeah - seems like Smenda should not be on the field in 3rd and long situations - since he isn't fast enough to cover or pursue side to side.

That and he doesn't seem to anticipate well at all. There was one scramble where he went right away from the hole and the QB just went right through the hole for a big gain.

Was masterson hurt? He seems like a decent spy option and I don’t recall seeing him out there.

We rushed for over 5 yards a carry. The offense wasn't the issue tonight.

I totally agree that defense and special teams sucked ass. I’m just saying that coaches should exploit the other team’s weakness to maximize benefit. As well as offense was in terms of points, it didn’t help by not being able to move the ball and punting, considering defense/sp teams couldn’t do shit other than dig deep holes.

That was completely ignored on the TV broadcast too. Closest official ruled it a catch, and whatever bozo called it incomplete on the field wasn’t even close to being in camera shot.

Line Judge was right there and called it a catch. Back Judge ran in from the middle of the field and overturned it. I was livid. Horrible call.

Redd got smoked constantly on the boot. Smenda is the weak long, he simply does not get to the corner. Is there anyone better than him. Masterson beingnout hurt.

I'm a little surprised onside recoveries are reviewable, but give that they are, when is there ever a more obvious overturn decision than the one tonight? Officials were probably way out of position for the initial call because of where the ball bounced, so they just picked the option that got them home sooner.

Back