• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Love seeing this on my homepage...

Oregon was brutal. Dawson was on fire in the first half, If I recall. Before dislocating his should again. I think only 3 players for oregon scores, they each had 30. That sucked. That senior class was a good one.

Oregon was brutal. Dawson was on fire in the first half, If I recall. Before dislocating his should again. I think only 3 players for oregon scores, they each had 30. That sucked. That senior class was a good one.

Would have had 6 seed Texas in the Sweet 16, winner to play Kansas in Elite 8. Kansas ended up getting stomped in the semis by Maryland.

Why was OK State the worst?

Because we were peaking and really looking like a legitimate national title contender.

With WV, you could see the warning signs. We got curb stomped by State in the ACC tournament and barely won our 1st round game. The nut punch was a total distraction.

Last edited:

Chill was on fire. Tim was coming into his own. And we had loads of good compliment players on that squad.

Chill gets the flu (or some sickness) days before the Sweet 16 game and he isn't the same vs them. UGH. Sports are stupid.

One weird thing about WVU is that was the one game of all our NCAAT games from 2001-2005 where we came out playing well and had a comfortable lead at the half.

For me it was the worst because I think that was the best team Wake has had. I think 2005 and 2009 probably had more talented individual players, but 1995 had those intangibles that Final 4 teams need.

Dude, we had 4 NBA players on that team. 4. Not 1, not 2, not 3 ... 4. And they are Cleveland State. Their only 2 losses could have been in Cameron and to the Spurs, and we still should have won.[/QUOTE]

No Shit. But to act like it ranks anywhere among the biggest upsets of all time is ridiculous. We had 1 NBA starter, 2 NBA rotation guys, and an NBA journeyman who is sometimes in the rotation (who came off the bench for Wake).

They had an NBA rotation player, a guy who had a cup of coffee and then went overseas, and another who has had a lengthy overseas stint. The difference in talent was large, but not as large as some of our other losses that season.

The 2005 team was filthy and the culmination of three great recruiting classes peaking together

Another thread oozing with evidence Wake sports aren't worth investing in. These aren't bad beats. We are a Charmin soft, national laughingstock. Do yourselves a favor and get out an E effing L.

Man, halfway through the season I thought that team was the real deal.

Me too. I was up at Chestnut Hill when we won at BC. I went with a friend that lives in Boston, he was floored at how good Johnson and Teague looked. I really thought we had a shot to at least get to the 2nd weekend.

Another thread oozing with evidence Wake sports aren't worth investing in. These aren't bad beats. We are a Charmin soft, national laughingstock. Do yourselves a favor and get out an E effing L.

Soooo "Wake sports aren't worth investing in" and...

"We are fucking terrible for the fifth straight year. Stop watching us. Stop caring about them. You're pathetic."

If you're only going to watch/care about Wake sports when they are "worth investing in" because they are good, that makes you by definition a bandwagon fan. There isn't anything wrong with that (you do you), but why spend time spouting this negative shit on a board that exists for people who care about Wake Sports? You just come across as a miserable curmudgeon.

Soooo "Wake sports aren't worth investing in" and...

If you're only going to watch/care about Wake sports when they are "worth investing in" because they are good, that makes you by definition a bandwagon fan. There isn't anything wrong with that (you do you), but why spend time spouting this negative shit on a board that exists for people who care about Wake Sports? You just come across as a miserable curmudgeon.

I'd argue that would make someone a fair weather fan, not a bandwagon fan.

my definitions:

"fair weather fan" = someone that has just one team but only follows them and calls them "MY xxxxxx" when they are winning and pretend like they don't even exist when they suck. See: nearly all UNC-CH fans.

"bandwagon fan" = someone that switches their allegiance from team to team based on who is good at any particular time. See: nearly all Miami Heat fans during the LBJ years.

I'd argue that would make someone a fair weather fan, not a bandwagon fan.

my definitions:

"fair weather fan" = someone that has just one team but only follows them and calls them "MY xxxxxx" when they are winning and pretend like they don't even exist when they suck. See: nearly all UNC-CH fans.

"bandwagon fan" = someone that switches their allegiance from team to team based on who is good at any particular time. See: nearly all Miami Heat fans during the LBJ years.

I agree with this assessment. Both are on equal footing in my book. I was more focused on the fact that I'm genuinely perplexed by the fact that fans like this exist and then come to the WAKE ATHLETICS board to preach. A truly fair weather fan wouldn't be wasting their time.

Why'd you leave out my one about UNC living rent free in your head while Marching on to yet another sweet 16 that they won't even bother to hang a banner for?

Appalling that people are rationalizing the Cleveland State loss. LOWF at its finest. The result in that game was unacceptable on every level.

Back