• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 6 returns April 7

Always good to see Pete screw up what Don does well. That's been a persistent theme in the show from Season 1.

I don't think I could take care of business while still wearing the suit. That's one of many things that separates me from Don Draper.

Great episode, although pretty heavy handed about the cheating theme. It will be even more heavy handed if Sylvia ends up pregnant by Don after making Megan feel guilty about trying to force a miscarriage.

Awesome. Unlike the premier, it was another one of those "looking forward to watching it again" episodes.

Jesus, was suburbia life in 1968 just people fucking each others spouses?

Great episode.

Enjoyed the Dick Whitman flashback.

Loved the last scene where Don is just exhausted w/ everything. Such an improvement from the season premiere. Mad Men's back on top.

Jesus, was suburbia life in 1968 just people fucking each others spouses?

Consider how much easier it was. And keep in mind the era.

Consider how much easier it was. And keep in mind the era.

Also people didn't get divorced in loveless unhealthy marriages. It was more honorable to fool around and cheat on your spouse.

Also people didn't get divorced in loveless unhealthy marriages. It was more honorable to fool around and cheat on your spouse.

Which is what Trudy plans to do.

I meant Trudy plans to cheat.

Yeah, next time one of the neighbors hits on her, she might be more open to it.

The prank on Peggy was great. I have no idea where Roger is going this season but hopefully it's more than old bored depressed dude. Like Ph said, it never gets old seeing Pete fail at what Don does so well, although anyone else pick up on the possibility of a friend/colleague of the doctor/doctor's wife being in the restaurant when Don seduced her?

I didn't pick up on that at all. What do you mean? I don't think they were incriminating in the restaurant. Don pulled out some great stuff there and Sylvia gave him looks single Ph would have killed for, but I don't think they would have been too suspicious if someone knew Dr. Rosen had to leave.

This affair kind of reminds me of the one Don had with Sally's teacher. No way it ends well with regards to Megan (and Dr. Rosen). Will Megan have the fortitude of Trudy?
Like Ann Landers said, "When you marry a man who cheats on his wife, you are then married to a man who cheats on his wife."

I didn't pick up on that at all. What do you mean? I don't think they were incriminating in the restaurant. Don pulled out some great stuff there and Sylvia gave him looks single Ph would have killed for, but I don't think they would have been too suspicious if someone knew Dr. Rosen had to leave.

I caught it on the second watch, although it's probably me over-analyzing. Sylvia's clearly in a bad mood and we assume it's because of the affair ("I don't know what we're doing"; "You enjoy how foolish they both look"), but right before she's seduced she has a subtle line about how some of Dr. Rosen's colleagues could be in the room with them (can't find the exact quote).

I think the main point is, even though the 'Don does everything better than Pete' plot device is fun, Don is not an infallible seductionist (think Bobbie Barrett), and I think it's a foregone conclusion that this affair will end with fireworks. For all we know, Dr. Rosen or even Megan could already know about the affair (fits the theme of underestimation with Dr. Rosen's Castro line and Ted's ketchup pep-talk to Peggy).

Dr. Rosen may know and just wants to swing, devil's 3 way, or watch. He's definitely crushing on Don.

Back