• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mad Men Season 7 Part 2 premieres April 5

good ep but just makes those Diana episodes look like even more of a waste

I disagree. I think it makes them make more sense. He's been gradually losing everything. My guess is that he sheds everything, becomes Dick Whitman again, and returns to California to start over.

Agree, Smoove. Weiner set us up. He got us thinking everyone was staying the same and then pulled the rug out from under them. Di could have been any woman who fit Don's type who bailed on him.

He won't even really be great ad man Don Draper at McCann. That Don Draper will have died and gone to ad heaven.

have to say I really liked the McDonald/Campbell clan feud reference; clever and subtle usage

Had no idea that was a legit historical reference. Had that been mentioned before?

Had no idea that was a legit historical reference. Had that been mentioned before?

no, which makes it even better.

for reference:

Massacre of Glencoe

Early in the morning of 13 February 1692, in the aftermath of the Glorious Revolution and the Jacobite uprising of 1689 led by John Graham of Claverhouse, a massacre took place in Glen Coe, in the Highlands of Scotland. This incident is referred to as the massacre of Glencoe, or in Scottish Gaelic Mort Ghlinne Comhann or murder of Glen Coe. The massacre began simultaneously in three settlements along the glen—Invercoe, Inverrigan, and Achnacon—although the killing took place all over the glen as fleeing MacDonalds were pursued. Thirty-eight MacDonalds from the Clan MacDonald of Glencoe were killed by the guests (of Clan Cambell) who had accepted their hospitality, on the grounds that the MacDonalds had not been prompt in pledging allegiance to the new monarchs, William and Mary. Another forty women and children died of exposure after their homes were burned.

I'm not entirely clear on the terms of Don's contract when it was brought up by Joan.

Obviously I understand the non-compete agreement but if he refuses to work for McCann and goes back selling cars in CA how much money does he owe?

It seems like (even after he idiotically wrote a check to Megan for $1MM) he should be a very wealthy man.

AOU is at 74% on Rotten Tomatoes. Looks like it will be one of the lowest rated MCU films. By comparison, Iron Man 2 was 73%.

Eh. The bar has been raised. It's like how Man of Steel was rated far lower than Superman Returns. MOS was bad but not nearly as bad as Returns. Sort of like comparing Hulk films.

Haha. Wrong thread for me too. Damn you ITC.

I disagree. I think it makes them make more sense. He's been gradually losing everything. My guess is that he sheds everything, becomes Dick Whitman again, and returns to California to start over.

Um, so back to MM. Would love to see him pull the "my name's not Don Draper - the contract is BS" with McCann and just peace out.

I could see him leaving it all and being like in an airport bar or restaurant in LA or something and introduce himself as Dick Whitman in the last scene

"Hi, My name is Richard. That's long for Dick." BOOM. Final line written, all credit to Richard of Wrightsville Beach, NC.

Thematically, an "I'm Dick Whitman" ending makes sense, but I'm not sure the logistics work out. Even if he has been embracing his past over the last couple of seasons, he still has been careful to hide his former name, probably for law enforcement reasons. I don't know what the statute of limitations is on desertion, or for stealing the identity of a respected, deceased veteran (is there one?), but I can't see him using his old name permanently and keeping out of jail.

Edit: yeah, I just checked. No statute of limitations on desertion.

Back