• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Madison Jones Suspended

A good 3 guard set will win us A LOT of games. It likely won't win us an ACC championship or anything, I guess that depends on how good they are, but we're trying to crawl out of the cellar, not compete for a title tomorrow. Will 3 guard sets eventually lead to bad match ups? Of course. Will they be streaky on offense? Most likely. But if we can lock down 3 solid guards, we will win a lot more games than we have been --> which will get us more exposure --> which will get us more versatile recruits. At this point, I feel like we have to do whatever it takes to get more W's, even if it means sacrificing a few potentially bad match ups.

Also, I'm sure Manning knows that talented guards are a big man's best friend. See Eric Williams. Last year we could barely get the ball close enough for an entry, let alone draw defenders and dish. When you look back at what seems like a century ago to the Teague, Aminu, Johnson days, it wasn't lights out shooting or inherently dominant low post play, it was the ability for everyone on the court to draw defenders and either hit a floater or dish to an open man. I, for one, welcome our new guard overlords.

Agree that getting the best players right now is more important than their positions. Even great teams will sometimes "go small" and create huge matchup problems. Of course we will also get exposed some, too, especially when not shooting well. But overall we will win more games. And who knows, might even get a streak going late in the season. I have enjoyed watching teams this post season who can shoot.

Team really needs at least two good outside shooters on the floor at all times to make very much noise. Shooters are streaky, so need a bunch to have two always on the floor. IMHO, Wake has three shooters on the team currently. Dinos, Crab and Wilbekin. Thus more shooters are needed.

Deman replied, behind a paywall, to a thread about Madison on 247 and someone replied to his post with "Surprises me, he always seemed to be a guy that wanted to get better and had a good attitude." So it seems like it was a team-related issue rather than something that occurred socially or academically.

Last edited:
Deman replied, behind a paywall, to a thread about Madison on 247 and someone replied to his post with "Surprises me, he always seemed to be a guy that wanted to get better and had a good attitude." So it seems like it was a team-related issue rather than something that occurred socially or academically.

What kind of team stuff do they do in the two weeks after the season ends, besides the individual meeting?
It's not a lot of time for transgressions to accumulate, so I'm guessing it's a single, major offense.

A public message board may not be an appropriate place to put such information.

Think!!!!
Maybe Madison should have thought, "THINK!", before doing whatever he did. We aren't here to protect people.

Was there anything in this year's versions of the Louisville, Notre Dame, UNC, UVA, and State teams that seems impossible for Wake to build in the future? We might never field a team like Duke currently has, but the rest are utterly attainable. Not sure where the Wake Simply Can't Compete In The New ACC nonsense comes from. Just have a competent coach stack three good recruiting classes together.

WAKE WILL(TM).

I had completely forgotten that board existed.

Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't read the original story, so I was guessing as to the update.

Back