• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Legends Game Thread - Mafia Wins

Eagles_Legendz

Reaction score
Welcome to Mafia Legends. The basic rules that we’ll be running with are as follows:

Rounds will run through the posted time. Meaning, if a round ends at 10:30, a vote at 10:30 will count. A vote made at 10:31 will not count.

Rounds that end in a tie will go to overtime. There will be a 10 minute OT, where anyone in the game will be able to switch their vote (to someone in the tie).

If OT ends and it is still tied, there will be an RNG to break the tie.

I will generally give ~20 minutes for night moves. Please PM them to both QT4KU and I.

I will count any vote that has either three *** on both sides of the name, or is bolded.

****As soon as there is a majority, it is NIGHT**** It may take me a while to note this if I’m not around, but if someone reaches a majority of votes (meaning receives 5 when there are 9 people left), it is automatically night. Someone please note this in the thread, and then no more posts should take place after this is noted. THERE ARE NO MAJORITIES WITH 5 or fewer players remaining. People who miss a vote during a majority round will not have it counted against their missed vote total.

If you miss two votes in a row, or three over the course of the game (not counting rounds which end with a majority), you will be admin killed. If you think you will miss a round, please PM myself or QT4KU with your vote, and we will place a proxy vote at the beginning of the round for you which will not be counted against you.

Do not rep a post during the game. Do not communicate outside of the game thread. Do not even mention the word PM in a post. If you have a question PM me.

No edits.

I’m sure I’ll fuck up at some point. It won’t be on purpose, so deal with it.

Deadlines will be 10:30/2:30/7:30 unless I need to add an extra round or two towards the end of the game to make sure this finishes on time, in which case these are subject to change on Thursday/Friday.

Last edited:
Roles

There are 33 players. 24 civilians, 9 mafia members.

Mafia roles:

1 godfather – is unable to be detected by the cop. There is a specific role searching for the godfather, but if investigated by the cop the result will be “not mafia”.

1 vig hitter in the mafia – this member of the mafia is given a vig hit to use at any night in the game while the person is living. This hit and the standard mafia hit for that night must be made on separate players.

7 mafia goons.

Mafia will be able to communicate outside of the game thread.

Civilian roles:

1 cop – given an investigation each night which will come back “mafia” or “not mafia”. Investigations of the godfather will come back "not mafia".

2 bodyguards who may communicate – Each bodyguard will be given the name of the other. They may communicate outside of the thread. Each night each BG will be able to submit a protection. If mafia attempts to hit a player protected by a BG, that mafia hitter and the BG with the protection will both die. BG members cannot protect themselves (BG player x can protect other BG player z, but BG player x cannot protect himself).

2 civilians each with at least 1 vig hit – Each vigilante is given one vig hit to use at night. PM me the name of the person you’d like to kill at night, and the hit will go through. They will be labeled Vigilante A and Vigilante B while processing moves. ***If the vig hit is used on a member of the mafia and is not blocked, the vig hit will be replenished***. Meaning – a vigilante potentially has unlimited hits if used on bad guys at night.

1 godfather searcher – Gets one investigation a night to find the godfather of the mafia. Investigations will come back “Godfather” or “Not godfather”.

18 vanilla civ roles. You will not receive a PM.
Repeat: if you do not receive a PM, you are a vanilla civ. You win with the town and have no powers other than your super awesome intuition.

Order of night actions:
1) Investigation
2) Protection
3) Mafia hit
4) Any vigilante hit

Win conditions:
Mafia has to equal/outnumber the civilians. Civilians have to eliminate all mafia.
Have fun and good luck.

Last edited:
Player List (organized based on bdz’s original list and will be updated as the game goes on):

BDZ - mafia goon, killed by vig night 6

OGB - vigilante B, killed by mafia night 7

Loki - vanilla civ, lynched day 8

Timdunk - Vigilante A, killed by mafia night 2

Matt - vanilla civ, killed by mafia night 3

Chic- vanilla civ, lynched day 2

HTTD - vanilla civ, hit night 8

NH (mafia)

DV7- bodyguard, killed during save night 2

Sleepy (mafia)

Isle - cop, killed by mafia night 6

Norcal - mafia goon, mod killed day 3

Ph - vanilla civ, hit night 1 by mafia

Appetite- vanilla civ, hit night 9 by mafia

Bish - vanilla civ, hit night 5 by mafia

Phan - mafia goon, lynched day 5

Boom (vanilla civ)

Nonny- mafia vig hitter, killed by BG night 2

TR (mafia)

Tejas- vanilla civ, AA'd day 2

SD3- vailla civ, lynched day 9

JDawg (vanilla civ)

Diego - vanilla civ, lynched day 6

NoVa (mafia godfather)

BBD - mafia goon, lynched day 3

Doofus - vanilla civ, lynched day 7

Numbers (godfather seeker)

Wake4me- vanilla civ, killed by mafia night 10

Northern (vanilla civ)

Damo - vanilla civ, lynched day 4

Knight - vanilla civ, lynched day 1

Redwing- vanilla civ, lynched day 10

DaDeacs - bodyguard, hit night 4

Last edited:
I will be sending out roles now and will open up the thread. I won't be around much the rest of the day, but will answer any questions/address any issues when I can. I will open up the thread after the roles are sent. The first deadline will be tomorrow at 10:30AM. For the last time, you will not be getting a PM if you are a vanilla civ, so don't make your first post in the game asking where your PM is. Kthx.

Roles are out. If you have any question about your PM, please contact either QT or myself. Her screen name is posted above this post.

If you did not receive a PM, you are a standard civ.

Other than that, hope everyone enjoys.

It is now Day. Day 1 ends 10:30AM.

Is there a rule about editing posts? I didn't see it mentioned in your post, Eagles.

first day is sooooooooooooo long. might have to switch up my botes like 10 times in a meaningless round.

first day is sooooooooooooo long. might have to switch up my botes like 10 times in a meaningless round.

Extra long on this board when peeps don't like talking on Day One. I may also have to pull a vote switch to get people talking.

Good thing here is that the BGs can talk to each other and avoid double protection. Also, fake BG claims are impossible as long as the BGs both live.

Back