• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia - Werewolves win!

also, d14 with a mini meltdown while Juice was clearly busy at work had me rolling. hahahaha

D14: Lol I’m now getting concerned Dv7. If toogs was maf Juice could have just immediately ended the game

<snip>

D14: If toogs isn’t maf, the game becomes 2-1-1, which is destined for RNG

<snip>

D14: Unless YB is intentionally dumbtelling in his first ever game

D14: I kinda forgot that Toogs was the first vote on grrl

D14: I think it’s Blue now lol

dv7: if that was an intentional dumbtell then kudos. haha. it at least gave me a reason to majo Frosty

D14: Ok Juice isn’t even here lol, maybe it’s Toogs

so good

i got very lucky the tracker and cop got killed night 1 because i don't actually know the rules
What do you mean?

Tracker only gets told information if they are following a mafia member. Cops only get told mafia/not-mafia. Seer and stalker are the same, but for werewolves

also, d14 with a mini meltdown while Juice was clearly busy at work had me rolling. hahahaha

D14: Lol I’m now getting concerned Dv7. If toogs was maf Juice could have just immediately ended the game

<snip>

D14: If toogs isn’t maf, the game becomes 2-1-1, which is destined for RNG

<snip>

D14: Unless YB is intentionally dumbtelling in his first ever game

D14: I kinda forgot that Toogs was the first vote on grrl

D14: I think it’s Blue now lol

dv7: if that was an intentional dumbtell then kudos. haha. it at least gave me a reason to majo Frosty

D14: Ok Juice isn’t even here lol, maybe it’s Toogs

so good
Someone had to provide the posting volume in the Chatzy!! Gotta build some suspense!

What do you mean?

Tracker only gets told information if they are following a mafia member. Cops only get told mafia/not-mafia. Seer and stalker are the same, but for werewolves
with the two factions and all the different investigations and protections, it was a lot to figure out if an action was pertinent to the various faction, the order of operations, if they had actually been roleblocked (an opposite faction roleblock didn't matter), etc.

i also wasn't sure if I was supposed to inform people they'd been roleblocked when tic used his wizard jailer move

with the two factions and all the different investigations and protections, it was a lot to figure out if an action was pertinent to the various faction, the order of operations, if they had actually been roleblocked (an opposite faction roleblock didn't matter), etc.

i also wasn't sure if I was supposed to inform people they'd been roleblocked when tic used his wizard jailer move
Gotcha, yeah it's kinda complex, I see what you mean.

I think notifying about roleblocks is up to the mod, I've always done it when I mod games. Obviously you have to if the roleblock actually blocks an action.

I like the set-up, but holy shit civs cannot ever win this if there's no cross-fire between wolves and mafia.

I'm assuming we double-tapped tic with the mafia during night 3? I was almost certain they would go after me or blue for the switch in OT.

civs also had some bad luck on their specials going down early and none of their protection actions ever working (and having a player AA)

tic got double-tapped the night he went down -- mafia learned his role on N2, which I think was the only investigation that turned up much of anything all game

I'm assuming we double-tapped tic with the mafia during night 3? I was almost certain they would go after me or blue for the switch in OT.
Unless there was a mafia-targeting doctor (YB or Blue) it had to be either a double tap or an absent chatzy with no kill order

civs also had some bad luck on their specials going down early and none of their protection actions ever working (and having a player AA)

tic got double-tapped the night he went down -- mafia learned his role on N2, which I think was the only investigation that turned up much of anything all game
Did you tell mafia that he was wolf-targeting? Or just that he had jailing power?

I'll say this, the times I've been mafia with dv7, he's usually pretty good at sniffing out and killing civ specials.

Granted, he always wants to kill Knight so maybe he just got lucky on that one.

Back