• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

The follow up question, might have been 'Have you discussed this with John Currie' or the like. Of course the idiot thinks he's back but he doesn't get to decide that.

If he's enjoying himself and doesn't really care about the fan base, it will be time for him to not enjoy himself and for the fan base to save the program.

Putting up a billboard about some second rate coach is one thing, but one up about a HOF player would catch all of the sports media's attention and then he can answer questions from the national press as well.

Let's hope it doesn't come to this but if DM is still here next year it will be time for Billboard 2.0.

Hearing we don't have the money and that he is coming back. Not sure how the powers that be can even consider this as a possibility. What are the source levels again? Think this is level 3-4

Really? Since it's before my time, what's the story behind this?
I don't remember where, but there was an "RJ SUCKS" hidden somewhere in this ad.

Ja7pRZs.jpg

vtwhat probably has better pics still.

This not having enough money so he’s coming back shit is asinine. Come on. If there are active negations for a buyout, that makes Manning’s employment completely untenable. “Yeah, Danny, we’re gonna keep you because we can’t get enough money to fire you. So please coach in an empty arena next year with a fan base that hates you and under an administration that wants to fire you. Maybe we’ll have enough to get it done after next year. Until next time!” If it’s 15 mil this year and goes to 12 next year, it still wouldn’t get done. None of this shit has ever added up. The AD isn’t dependent on 5-6 donors for this. There are several other ways to obtain the dollars.

He’s gone.

This not having enough money so he’s coming back shit is asinine. Come on. If there are active negations for a buyout, that makes Manning’s employment completely untenable. “Yeah, Danny, we’re gonna keep you because we can’t get enough money to fire you. So please coach in an empty arena next year with a fan base that hates you and under an administration that wants to fire you. Maybe we’ll have enough to get it done after next year. Until next time!” If it’s 15 mil this year and goes to 12 next year, it still wouldn’t get done. None of this shit has ever added up. The AD isn’t dependent on 5-6 donors for this. There are several other ways to obtain the dollars.

He’s gone.

I agree, but it may mean that "not enough money" is cover for the holdouts who don't want to fire Manning. I find it hard to believe Wake can raise $1 billion in six years but Currie can't pull together $15M to fire a very publicly ineffective employee.

Hearing we don't have the money and that he is coming back. Not sure how the powers that be can even consider this as a possibility. What are the source levels again? Think this is level 3-4

I heard the same thing just now. On a scale of Deacon Shop employee to Mit Shah my sauce is much closer to the working on the quad end but yeah. I think the mix of ACC Network money and the current leadership makes for a path where there isn’t enough perceived value to buying Danny out.

Back