• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Roll of sports at the institution.

That would be so Wake Forest. Right now Wake is in the category of schools that have athletics as the engine leading and pulling the train of everything else, including academics. I can understand that some are unhappy with this situation and would like to see Wake in a more academics centered situation. A few schools have done this. But not many. Most are trying to move up the ladder of athletics performance levels.

What about the role of sports at the institution?

Evidently, Hatch and some others believe that losing shows that academics is a priority. Too much winning shows that we care too much about the wrong things.

Then there are people who are actually winners in life and have no idea how these fucks ever got anywhere in life.

Evidently, Hatch and some others believe that losing shows that academics is a priority. Too much winning shows that we care too much about the wrong things.

Then there are people who are actually winners in life and have no idea how these fucks ever got anywhere in life.

Why would the higher ups sign off on an $18M guaranteed contract for a basketball coach and then worry about the school being too focused on athletics?

Everybody keep your eyes and ears open.

This is what I am going to focus on and not the philosophical divide there inexplicably may be among the decision makers. You don't invest a crazy amount of money in facilities and then be content to flounder around in the bottom of the ACC.

Why would the higher ups sign off on an $18M guaranteed contract for a basketball coach and then worry about the school being too focused on athletics?

You have to pay a lot of money to get a guaranteed loser. Most coaches will win occasionally. Some coaches are truly talented losers like BZ and Manning. Got to pay to get guaranteed results.

By “roll” I assume there are some who think $15M would be better spent on a bowling team.

But seriously, how much money for the new facilities was invested by MSD vs donated?

My impression of Wake leadership has always been if you donate money for something, they’ll build it whether they need it or not.

Who cares? At this point everything is leaning towards Danny being fired, and unless Clawson bolts this will be the last coaching change Hatch oversees as president I’d imagine.

If Hatch or anyone else in the administration thinks Wake's reputation would be anywhere close to where it is without being in the ACC and having a successful basketball program they are truly crazy. Ask people what they know about Wake and names like Duncan and Palmer come up. Not a single academic. Wake needs a strong presence in sports to get noticed for everything else

Wrong ‘roll’.
Wake is actually being politically correct by having a poor basketball team.
This eliminates the need to ‘Roll the Quad’ which would waste countless rolls of toilet paper that are in such short supply these days.

That brings up something important. If he’s fired tomorrow will there be a quad roll? Maybe use streamers or something

Great idea. Let’s get a bunch of people together during a pandemic for something so important - like rolling the quad for a coaching change

Back